Hype Buster
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Name me games with no luck factor.
Well balanced strategy path
Good replayability

Edited:

It don't have to be 0 luck. Very Minimal luck is also welcome if the game is good.

I like games where there is a lot of replay-ability in a box just by setting the board with say 1/4 of the box material. For example 2 games with high replay-ability, Dominion (there is luck in the draw). Troyes (there is luck in the dice roll).

I don't mind of games where there is minimal luck but that the luck = equally spread between all players. That everyone know whats coming up.

Player count: we are sometime 3, usually 4, sometime 5. Rarely 2 or 6+

Ty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rogers
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How complicated are you looking? Because the 18XX games fit, but are a beast to learn and understand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tonichi Sanvictores
Philippines
Marikina City
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If, by "no luck factor", you mean games without dice or decks of cards or pulling out of a bag --- then you are probably looking for games with perfect information.

Chess
Go
Reversi
Tic-Tac-Toe
Connect Four
Animal Upon Animal (and its variants)

Whittle down this list based on what you feel has "replayability" and "strategy paths".

Edit: Added Animal Upon Animal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
generalpotato wrote:
Hi,

Name me games with no luck factor.
Well balanced strategy path
Good replayability

Ty

Chess?

Edit: damn, ninja'ed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Container

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Bradshaw
United States
North Scituate
Ri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agricola.. Draft the cards if you need to for no luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terra Mystica (ok, the races are not balanced perfectly, but very well)
Caylus
Hive
Caverna: The Cave Farmers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonie van der Tweel
msg tools
mb
Shogi, or if you're looking for games with no perfect information,
Stratego; WarpWar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P Santos
United States
LAS VEGAS
Nevada
flag msg tools
It's very easy to excluded games that have dice, cards, face-down tokens/tiles/chits as those have luck factor. So, any game that requires you to shuffle, or pull out chits/tokens from a bag, or dice are excluded.

So, Chess, Go, Checkers!
Chess is particularly balanced strategy path and excellent replayability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend Tak over Chess any day of the week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Founding Fathers: Before politics became a reality show.
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Octi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Carhat
msg tools
mbmbmb
Concordia has no real like, even though it has a variable setup. Several differant paths to victory, I play it all the time.

Food Chain Magnatealso comes to mind. The only luck is turn order when you first place a restaurant,(if you can even call it that). Lots of different strategies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Want DnDeeples? I'm on Esty as MagnificentMeeples.
mbmbmbmbmb
Imperial
Imperial 2030
Antike II
Antiquity
The Bridges of Shangri-La
Food Chain Magnate
Helvetia
Roads & Boats
Wealth of Nations
are a few no luck games that I own and would recommend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Debije
Netherlands
Eindhoven
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
Revolution: The Dutch Revolt 1568-1648
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harshad D
India
New Delhi
Delhi
flag msg tools
mbmb
Patchwork You have perfect information right from the beginning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
Obligitory Smart-Ass Comment Here
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to suggest Scythe, but I played it last night and realized that the luck of the draw is very important with Combat cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan García
Mexico
Monterrey
Nuevo Leon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar
Five Tribes
Power Grid
Puerto Rico
Dominant Species
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dylanbradshaw wrote:
Agricola.. Draft the cards if you need to for no luck.

This minimizes luck; it does not remove it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kalakazo wrote:

Tzolk'in - After someone purchases buildings, new ones come out randomly
Five Tribes - After Djinn and goods cards are taken, they get replenished randomly
Power Grid - After a power plant is bought, a new one comes out randomly
Puerto Rico - Plantations come out randomly
Dominant Species - Domination cards come out randomly, and you can't see what is coming up until after turn order is already established for the next round.

All of these games are highly strategic and have very minimal luck involved, but they do not have zero luck as requested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Metropolys

Technically, dexterity games could also count, but I assume you're not looking for something along the lines of Jenga?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This might be a stupid question, but you would consider your opponent(s) to be a random factor?

Because if you do, no game ever is without luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanguy Serra
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like Barony

All the information is displayed and there is a fixed number of actions and the terrain/game board changes every time given its tiles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan García
Mexico
Monterrey
Nuevo Leon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
This might be a stupid question, but you would consider your opponent(s) to be a random factor?

Because if you do, no game ever is without luck.

Solo games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many players? You'd get quite different answers for 2p vs 3p+.

By "no luck factor" do you mean no random element in the game (e.g. Chess) or games where a better layer is unlikely to lose due to luck (e.g. Backgammon)? Looking at your collection I see you rate a number of game highly which I'd put in the second category...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hype Buster
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It don't have to be 0 luck. Very Minimal luck is also welcome if the game is good.

I like games where there is a lot of replay-ability in a box just by setting the board with say 1/4 of the box material. For example 2 games with high replay-ability, Dominion (there is luck in the draw). Troyes (there is luck in the dice roll).

I don't mind of games where there is minimal luck but that the luck = equally spread between all players. That everyone know whats coming up.

Player count: we are sometime 3, usually 4, sometime 5. Rarely 2 or 6+

Games you guys listed that I own:

1830, my group won't replay it saying its too boring and long. Which is sad because i know after many play it must be amazing. But I have to agree, i personally hated the time spending on choosing and finding the track to lay down.

Agricola, our group love it, i don't think the draft luck factor is enough to say there is luck in this game, there is probably more luck in the round cards you know there is a 50% chance to see some rounds cards in first etc.

Caylus, we like it a lot, the replay ability is arguable since the only thing that change is the 6 pink building order. The big major downside is the art work unfortunately. The day it get rework i sell my copy and get the new one

Hive, not much to say, except maybe i would not play this all days because it would feel very repetitive.

Concordia, I love it, but its a bit like caylus all game feel a bit the same. The only thing that change it is the order of cards and resources on the board.

Imperial, Love it. But there is no feeling of playing a new setup each time.

Patchwork, played it on ipad, ordering my copy very shortly. great 2 player game.

Five tribes, amazing game.

Tzolkin, great game. But from the plays we have on the belt i'm not sure that the game is perfectly balanced. The track on the right, i don't recall the name, the one that boost technology, seems more strong than the other.

Power grid: Great game, the only thing it miss is a good replay-ability. not much change from game to game except the electricity building order.

Puerto Rico
is also amazing. Same thing the replay-ability is low.

Dominent species. Great game but the card order have a bit of luck.

Games my group own:

My friend own Terra Mystics, i'm not a fan, i played it 2 time. I'm not amaze by the art work.

My friend own Caverna, I highly prefer Agricola because agricola have high replay-ability compared to Caverna. The drafting cards is just so nice and give a different game each time.

Games I know:

Food Chain Magnate, I dont own it. I played it online 2-3 time, it is amazing BUT the time it must take in real life is a big downside and risk, when my group dont like a game very much, the longer it take the more chance they will never let the box open again. Also i'm really against the price they are asking for this game. They are at like their 5th reprint or so and at that point they should have did something to lower the production cost by printing bigger wave. Maybe someday i'll get the hand on a used copy, who knows
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.