Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it! It's nice to own a tricked out version of Micro Space Empire.

I dig the idea of all the extra cards, as it gives you the ability to customize the game a little. The extra event cards go a long way towards improving replayability; ditching 4 cards in year 1 and five in year two creates much more uncertainty with regard to deck composition.

I'm curious about using all the planet cards and dealing them out as instructed, as it seems like this could create *too* much uncertainty. For example, the near system cards range from resistance 4-8, with most of them being 5 or 6. I'm wondering whether dealing out 6 from the expanded deck could create skewed distributions. I haven't tried it yet; all my games so far were played with the original systems deck, although I did use the extra 4 event cards.

Either way, I'm looking forward to experimenting with different decks to see how it affects difficulty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert B
United States
Parsons
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! Yes, the expanded deck can enhance your options. If the distribution of the entire deck is too "swingy", it is easy to stack the cards into piles of the same resistance and then taking a predetermined selection - so you could be "guaranteed" of X many easy 4 resistance systems, coupled with more difficult challenges. You can mix and match as how you like to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.