Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Nice playmats, Europe-based rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonas Svensson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just wanted to notify others of a web store selling very nice playmats for the game, since we got great service from them. It is located in Sweden, but ships world-wide (249 SEK is about 26€ or 29$).

http://playmatstore.tictail.com/product/android-netrunner-cu...

The shipper was very nice: our shipment was a bit delayed, and as compensation we received 2 extra playmats to give to friends :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iori Yagami
Latvia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How thick are they? They look flimsy on the picture. Materials, finish? Washable? How easy to pick up cards?

Also, since they have no copyrighted art, they could be cheaper, no?

The design is OK. Now, a double-sided would be better (unless you play in places with dirty tables.)

Shipping to all EU? I might consider if you answer questions honestly and when I get the $$$.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't know anywhere that does double-sided playmats. There's no reason I can imagine wanting one either, as even on the cleanest surface the images will wear over time. Additionally the bottom is usually made from a non-slip rubber or neoprene, you won't get a good print on that (the image side is usually fabric).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch. The shipping a few km to the west (Norway) is nearly the same price as the mat, and that's above 350, which adds 25% + 150 NOK to the price :/

Total price: 685 NOK, or 73€!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iori Yagami
Latvia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hah. This is what you get for not being with EU! Even I as a Latvian enjoy not paying VAT.
*makes a weird peasant dance*

Wow. Imagine if a brit shows up in the thread. They're usually very voiceful when it comes to 'british premium', and in light of latest political changes and events... oh my

ON TOPIC: I actually like the idea of both a combined single player corp/runner mat (where zones have double markings, i.e. R&D/stack and 2-player large mats which are twice as wide, though the latter is a bit awkward, with other player wanting to show off his own mat.

OFF TOPIC: what about non-standard tokens? Is there really a situation when standard red/blue chips are not enough? I mean red-virus, blue-power. Agenda token can be just adv. tokens. The only real problem with those is that they're going to become scuffed worn out rags after a year of play. Ahh, FFG, when will you change...

Also, is it smart to store unused cards in 9-card pages in binders? Or a box is quite as good? All those extra potential spendings makes me nervous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Svensson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quote:
Ouch. The shipping a few km to the west (Norway) is nearly the same price as the mat, and that's above 350, which adds 25% + 150 NOK to the price :/

Total price: 685 NOK, or 73€!

Ouch! That's unfortunate.

The quality is very nice, as far as I can tell when comparing them it's exactly the same material as the mats used in Legendary Encounters, even slightly thicker. It's a fairly soft rubber, so I guess you could call it flimsy, but it's a durable material, and an additional advantage is that you can roll the mats up for storage. And just to clarify: it's 249 SEK for both mats, so I think the price is pretty good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Iori_Yagami wrote:

Wow. Imagine if a brit shows up in the thread. They're usually very voiceful when it comes to 'british premium', and in light of latest political changes and events... oh my

The pound's still stronger than the euro... not by much, but still stronger.... ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Knifen wrote:
And just to clarify: it's 249 SEK for both mats, so I think the price is pretty good.

Yeah, that's a very nice deal if I can get it without postage. I hope they can get some sort of distribution agreement here, because the shipping is over twice as high as registered mail for a large package here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Cooper
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since it's two playmats for the price, this is actually a pretty killer deal! US price, with shipping, means $51, which is around what I would pay for two mats anyway, but these look really clean and neat. The only things that are making me hesitate is the limited number of remotes and the heap being above the stack; I've only ever played with my discard pile to the side of my deck in any game I've played, so its position is a bit of a turnoff.

@Iori: I'm using standard tokens, but that's simply because I can't bring myself to spend more on pretty tokens than I would on a core set to give to a friend and get them playing. As for card storage, I have binders (one for each cycle, one for my core sets, and one for the deluxe expansions), and it's immensely helpful for getting interesting deckbuilding ideas. That said, I do have a large card box that I was using, and some nice dividers that I had made, and I haven't completely decided that the binders are better overall. If you're not the type to flip through leisurely, the box will definitely be a better method of storing cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phisioni wrote:
If you're not the type to flip through leisurely, the box will definitely be a better method of storing cards.

I think that's the little-endian/big-endian war of the modern day

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Cooper
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just googled little-endian and big-endian; I have no real idea what I just read, but I will definitely take your word that it's analogous. Whatever it all means, it sounds super fancy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Read Gulliver's Travels

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.