$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
42.3% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Kaivai» Forums » Rules

Subject: 1st ed: Do tied players lose their bid influence during final scoring? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So my OCD is hitting hard because I have read the various forum posts (and rules files) and there is conflicting advice which rule is correct for 1st edition.

During final scoring, do all tied players lose their bid influence tokens or only in the case one gets majority does so?

The German 1st ed rulebook literally says: only whoever (he who) has the majority, must give away his bid influence tokens. So I would say tied players do not lose their influence.
(Nur wer die Mehrheit hat, muss ausgespielte Einfluss-Plätchen abgeben.)

Is there an official answer to this? Or shall I go and try to calm my OCD with meditation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Boudreault
Canada
Laval
Québec
flag msg tools
So happy to have completed my Key serie !
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules of the extension, it is clearly said that all influence tokens are lost, even if you don't win the bid...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answer. I believe the extension has 2nd ed rules? Could be wrong though..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look at this thread the designer thumbed my response-

verandi wrote:
No- in the case of a tie nobody pays. I think this is a good rule, as it penalizes a player that walks into the final auction with NO influence and conversely benefits a player that DOES have influence going in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
verandi wrote:
If you look at this thread the designer thumbed my response-

verandi wrote:
No- in the case of a tie nobody pays. I think this is a good rule, as it penalizes a player that walks into the final auction with NO influence and conversely benefits a player that DOES have influence going in.

Thank you, clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.