Hi, I studied the manual, and faq linked here,mbut I still have some questions:
1. In BUILD phase when you create a new unit, where can you setup it?
My guess is it can starts on any city from my original country, ie if I'm Judah and I conquered Negev, I can't build a unit in the city of Negev but only in cities in Judah I still control, not besieged.Yes, in the city of the home country, or adjacent to it.
1b. Moreover it looks like a unit can be built on a city or a area near the city itself. What if the city is besieged? Can I still place it in a area near a besieged city?Only if no other city is available.
2. If I get to control a minor power because someone invaded that power, can I step out of control anytime later?
I thought I can declare I will let out the control, but it should happen in the next turn after I declare it (next 5yrs game turn) and only if I go out first of the minor country.
[I got this idea from the way you handle with allied minor countries]I don't see why you may want to. I suppose if you get tired controlling them, you can give them up. The rules distinguish between a minor you control because someone invaded it and a minor allied to you. Allied minors serve just like your units only with different build rules. Minors you control are still independent. I don't have the rules right now, but I think you can't enter that controlled minor country until the following turn. I do believe the rules state that if you want to attack a minor you control, you must announce that a turn early and a new controlling player chosen.
3. Is that right that just entering in a enemy player area, empty of cities and enemies, and stopping there, I put my control marker at the end of the phase?Yes.
4. If as a defender I decide to retreat from an attack (start of second round of attack), can I move to an area and conquer it - no enemy there, no cities, no neutral minor power, no hopscotch (to where the attacker came)?I believe you add the control marker only after your movement phase or successful siege.
4b. If the phase player attacks me, and I retreat to an area empty of enemies, do I get a control marker right now, or when it is my turn?When it is your turn.
5. No alliances with beduin/egypt: it means I cant use the event Alliance with them, nor propose it like in this example: http://talk.consimworld.com/WebXfirstname.lastname@example.orgBucQWr5RU.2@.1dd4f...Egypt and Bedouin are controlled only by the event chits; at one time during development Egypt and Bedouin were minors like the rest (hence the mention of them and their forces in the rules), but changed into an event, but that part of the rules were not corrected.
5b. When players are less than 5, and you setup an invaded minor country like Moab, do you put also fortifications (ie Kir-moab level 3)?
I doubted it because all the other minor countries dont have fortification.Level 3.
6. Special modifiers when to try alliance are written only on the manual, but like if they are already known from somewhere else. Is this list right:
[Judah has a -1 modifier when attempting an alliance with Moab or Edom, and a -2 modifier when attempting an alliance with Ammon or Negev, while Aramea has a +1 when attempting an alliance with Ammon]
Because on bgg files they have a +1 modifier instead of -1 modifierGo with the rules.
7. Map: the area with Jerusalem, Megiddo, Medeba, Mahanaim, etc... is to be considered a BEDOUIN area? Or is it a third area distinguished from bedouin and egypt? Because the map has the same color for all three of them.