Brian Lelas
Ireland
Dublin
Dublin
flag msg tools
designer
I Should Live in Salt
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered this game online and when it arrived it came in a large parcel, so when I opened it to find the box inside I thought it was really funny. All images of the box I'd seen seemed to imply a Ticket To Ride size box, but it comes in a box about one quarter of that size.

I love the little box, it just caught me by surprise!

Did anyone else have this happen? Or with any other games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised the game was in a smaller box. I have the original and its box was always hilariously huge for what the game needs. But then the Box of Holding gets it back up to a huge box lol. Now with all 3 sets in there it needs to be that big but now it's bigger than a Ticket to Ride box.

As for other games, I was really surprised the first time I saw the Grizzled in a store. That box is tiny! I guess for whatever reason hearing about the game on podcasts made me think it would be in a bigger box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lelas
Ireland
Dublin
Dublin
flag msg tools
designer
I Should Live in Salt
mbmbmbmbmb
On the flip side of this, when my copy of "Hey, That's My Fish" arrived (this was a few years ago) it came in a box that was probably about 90% air. The thing was huge! I much prefer this trend of going small if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.