48.8% of Goal | left

Support:

Taylor Bradley
United States
Bethany
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about the mission specific rules for Our Last Hope, so if you don't want spoilers about this mission stop here:

Spoiler (click to reveal)

In our last hope, when the tank attacks, you can spend threat to add +2 movements after the attack resolves. My question is, could you use focus fire to perform two attacks and use those movement points in between attack 1 and attack 2? I said yes, because the first attack resolves completely before the second attack happens even though focus fire is the same "action" but the rebels did not think this was correct.

In the end, it did not make a difference in the mission, but I just wanted to clarify in case this comes up again. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can spend movement points before and after actions, not during them. (Unless the movement points are received from a special action, in which case they must be spent as an interrupt. Just like when receiving movement points out of your activation.)

Movement points received from other abilities during actions go to the movement point pool and can be used when the action has resolved.

So, no, you can't spend movement points inside an action.

As a somewhat unrelated example: the Royal Guard Champion and Darth Vader cannot spend movement points during Brutality.

Another example: Even with Mobile Tactician, which gives movement points after resolving Command, Gideon cannot spend those movement points between Command and Masterstroke, because by spending movement points he would miss the trigger of Masterstroke (after resolving Command).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Bradley
United States
Bethany
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok,

I have another question about this mission:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
What about spending 1 threat to cancel 1 surge. This is done when attack is declared on the sorin-class tank! Can imperial player spend two threat to cancel 2 surges?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Each ability can be used only once per timing instance. (Unless specified otherwise.)

If an ability says to spend something to gain something, then you can spend exactly that to gain exactly that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.