6 Posts

Fate of the Elder Gods» Forums » General

Subject: Solo rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Billups
msg tools
mb
I know Richard has contributed a lot of games that have solitaire rules, but with this being a competitive game I am curious as to how this would work. The rules-in-progress posted on the Kickstarter simply say "coming soon" for the solo variant.

Can one of the designers explain if the solo rules alone would be compelling enough to warrant a purchase of the game?

Regardless - game looks good and best of luck.

Edit - just found out Darrell is doing the solo rules. I just assumed Richard would be - sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Louder
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
xord wrote:
just found out Darrell is doing the solo rules. I just assumed Richard would be - sorry.

Man, i hope that is ok. blush

A general over view of the solo play is this. If you read the 2-player rules you'll note you use 2 Fate Pieces, each player controls 1. In the solo play you'll also use 2 Fate Pieces, you control one and the game controls the other. You'll take your turn as normal. At the end of your turn the opposing Fate piece moves to the location that matches the top of the Spell Deck, thus shutting it off for you to visit. If the spell deck attempts to move the fate piece to a location your fate piece occupies, you gain 1 Curse card (face down in front of you, never look at the front) and 1 Elder Sign. The fate piece is then moved to the Other Worlds instead, shutting that off to you.

You are trying to summon your Elder God before you either get sealed from Elder Signs, or 6 face-down curses are in front of you.

There are a few additional rules for the game's fate piece and location (mainly the Streets of Arkham) but that is the general overview of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Billups
msg tools
mb
Thanks Darrell, I will spend more time with the rulebook to get a better grasp of what you've laid out here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Pavia
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
will the solo rules be available prior to the end of the Kickstarter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I believe they were promised in today's update. (Maybe not the whole rules.)

EDIT: Here's where it was promised:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gtgames/fate-of-the-eld...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Pavia
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Can't wait for tomorrow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.