Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Hedges
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The speed bonus from Labyrinths applies to characters of the correct age, but does it also apply to their mounts/vehicles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe so. You can use a Mount to get its Speed bonus or replace your default Speed, and then on top of that you can also get the +1 from the labyrinth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hedges
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kessel
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I wouldn't think so. The other stat labyrinth bonuses bump the character's stats: honor, strength, wits, etc. I would think the +1 speed would also be to the character's speed stat, not the stat of a mount.

I'd been treating them similar to an XP marker or a level up, which affect the character's base stat. A mount replaces the base stat.

A similar question would occur with body armor and the Alt Labyrinth +2 armor bonus. Body armor gives you a set armor, replacing your armor value, similar in function to a mount replacing your speed.

And I guess a similar question would apply to Napoleon's +1 speed bonus?

Maybe Brett will chime in with something authoritative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ckessel wrote:
A mount replaces the base stat.

I don't have all of the cards in front of me, but this doesn't entirely match my recollection. I think some mounts replace the character's Speed, while others modify it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kessel
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
ckessel wrote:
A mount replaces the base stat.

I don't have all of the cards in front of me, but this doesn't entirely match my recollection. I think some mounts replace the character's Speed, while others modify it.

True, I think there are some sneakers that give +1 movement. Similarly with armor, some are a modifier and some replace.

If it's a replace, then I wouldn't think the labyrinth bonuses applies. If it's an augment, then I think it would apply. But that's just my gut feel on it, I can't find anything in the rules that seems definitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.