Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Winterflood
England
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello potential recruits

I have been running a small board game meeting for the last year on Sunday afternoons at my house in Greenford, West London.

It has been a fun time playing a range of games, but attendants doesn't seem to be very regular as people I invite currently have a lot of other commitments.

Really want to keep it going now I've started, rather than resorting to solo gaming, so thought I would post about it on here and see if there were any board game players in the area who might be interested.

It will be a meeting with about 6 of us max, due to space, and I am also considering the possibility of running a meeting on a Saturday if there is interest.

You can see the type of games we have played on my Played Games list, but it is pretty open and people are more than welcome to bring a game.

https://boardgamegeek.com/plays/bydate/user/Winterflood/subt...

Let me know if you are interested, or have any further questions about it.

Thank you

Stephen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stables
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
Have you tried advertising on MeetUp?

You may get a lot more people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Barr
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Looks fun - I've been looking for a West London group but only on weekdays as I work out there and can't get into Central for London on Board on time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Fightmaster
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm up in the North, but would love to come along some time if you're going to be playing Marvel Legendary again - love that game but can never get it to the table, so willing to travel next time you're getting it off the shelf.

Edit: On closer inspection, it turns out that you have a load of pretty cool games on your played list!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Winterflood
England
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
chr_stab72 wrote:
Have you tried advertising on MeetUp?

You may get a lot more people.

That could be a future possibility. I just felt on that I could end up with a big list of people who may not be really interested, and as I am only looking for a small number of people who are genuinely interested in playing board games that I had more chance of finding them on here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Winterflood
England
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TheKeyLosers wrote:
Looks fun - I've been looking for a West London group but only on weekdays as I work out there and can't get into Central for London on Board on time.

Thanks for the interest, really just looking at weekends at the moment as I think that is more flexible on the length of the meetings if a game goes on a bit longer than planned or people want to stay a bit longer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Winterflood
England
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Grift wrote:
I'm up in the North, but would love to come along some time if you're going to be playing Marvel Legendary again - love that game but can never get it to the table, so willing to travel next time you're getting it off the shelf.

Edit: On closer inspection, it turns out that you have a load of pretty cool games on your played list!

Never played Marvel Legendary with anyone else. All my games that are solo/cooperative I pretty much just play solo. Maybe we just prefer playing games at the group where we don't have to cooperate.

I did get Merchants and Marauder recently, and see that is on your list to play, so that might be getting played soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soren Vejrum
United Kingdom
Richmond
Surrey
flag msg tools
London On Board - the largest semi-organised group of boardgaming dicks in the known universe.
badge
London On Board - the largest semi-organised group of boardgaming dicks in the known universe.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheKeyLosers wrote:

Checkout Isleworth Boardgamers. Great, small (typically 10-20 people), very friendly group meeting Wednesday evenings at one of London's best riverside pubs.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/728

http://isleworthboardgamers.blogspot.co.uk/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Barr
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
vejrum wrote:

Checkout Isleworth Boardgamers. Great, small (typically 10-20 people), very friendly group meeting Wednesday evenings at one of London's best riverside pubs.

Thanks for the tip! Little far out from where I am (Shepherd's Bush) but could at least get there in time after work so may check out in the near future.

Funny someone here mentioned being north London as that's where I live so ideally looking for something around there for weekends/evenings (Tabletop Tuesdays at Loading Bar is near me, but clashes with work gaming night!). Would love to come along to this but it's about an hour each way from home so couldn't guarantee regular attendance - don't mind travelling as much when something interesting hits the table though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Winterflood
England
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TheKeyLosers wrote:

Funny someone here mentioned being north London as that's where I live so ideally looking for something around there for weekends/evenings (Tabletop Tuesdays at Loading Bar is near me, but clashes with work gaming night!). Always willing to travel a bit when there's something interesting hitting the table though.

One of my current regulars comes from Shepherd's Bush area, and I always try to have something interesting hitting the table, otherwise what's the point of playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Winterflood
England
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is interested in my group then you can send me a message on here or on Facebook, where you can also check out the head of hospitality who will give you a warm welcome. Yes you have to like dogs for this group.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208683384335574&se...

And if anyone from Isleworth Boardgamers feels like a bit of weekend extended board gaming then they are also more than welcome to contact me...

... well if you are going to get a bit of cheap promotion for your group on my thread then I might as well use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Petitjean
England
London
flag msg tools
Hi guys

I am living in Shepherd's Bush and been looking for a regular group in West - Central London.

I have tried the meetup group, it was great, but it felt a bit like the "one-night stand" of board gaming.

Fancy organizing something in the area?
Are you still looking for new recruits?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Winterflood
England
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
iamapanda wrote:
Hi guys

I am living in Shepherd's Bush and been looking for a regular group in West - Central London.

I have tried the meetup group, it was great, but it felt a bit like the "one-night stand" of board gaming.

Fancy organizing something in the area?
Are you still looking for new recruits?

You was editing as I was going to reply.

Yes still looking for new recruits. You can send me a message on here or contact me on Facebook, link above, with some more about yourself if you are interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Barnett
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As well as Isleworth, we also have a regular Monday night gaming group that meets in Richmond/Kew. We play medium to heavy eurogames on the whole. Usually about 10 of us.

See the Richmond and Kew Boardgame Group listed under BGG guilds for details.

Cheers
Gary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Winterflood
England
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
barnetto wrote:
As well as Isleworth, we also have a regular Monday night gaming group that meets in Richmond/Kew. We play medium to heavy eurogames on the whole. Usually about 10 of us.

Cheers
Gary

I'm going to start charging for the advertising of other groups on my group thread soon... arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Barnett
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Winterflood wrote:
barnetto wrote:

Cheers
Gary

I'm going to start charging for the advertising of other groups on my group thread soon... arrrh

Apologies! It was just in case you were interested in widening your options for playing games locally!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.