Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Collins
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friend plays. I do not. I would like to. We live across the country from one another. Is there an established system for making this work? Has anyone tried it and found it impossible? We have and know how to effectively use technology.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play with the HexWing system, you could.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Morgan
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd suggest playing on Vassal.

There is a bit of a learning curve - but it's not too bad.

Alternatively, some people love Tabletop Simulator (on Steam).

There are some articles on ho to use both of these tools to play. I haven't tried TTS but it looks interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is almost impossible to play over email, chat, phone, skype, and so on, but there are options:

1) There is a Vassal module.

2) If you want to use the miniatures, then there is the heX-Wing variant. You and your friend can easily play heX-Wing over email, chat, phone, skype, and so on.

It helps if you label the hexes using some sort of coordinate system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thespaceinvader -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Seconding both Vassal and TableTop Simulator. Both have their foibles, but both have active gaming and developing communities and offer excellent opportunities for remote play both with friends and pickup games with random internet people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mike, if you do not have the game yet then Vassal might be what you need. I tried Vassal, but I like gaming with the miniatures more.

The miniatures are what drew me to the game. The move templates are what pushed me away from the game. heX-Wing saved the day! I'm a big fan of this variant.

With hexes you can play with a friend remotely. I have done this a few times. It works great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.