Subject: Stretch goal characters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Jurney
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmb
Since we are very close to hitting the stretch goal where characters from N&F will cross over to A&B I want to re-ask my question I left in the comments. Will the cross over characters have a new element to them like the cross over characters did from Islebound? I love that those characters brought something new to the game other than just a few new villager options. I'm not sure what else you could do for characters though, maybe have a character that has 4 lanterns on a roll of 4 or more but when you recruit him you lose a reputation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan K
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa! Like an expansion for A&B with new adventurers that are totally different. Love that idea, but it might be a lot of work for a game that isn't the focus right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like Near and Far will have at least two common elements with Above and Below, paper (maps) and gems.

I'm wondering if recruiting one of these special characters couldn't introduce that element, gaining one of the goods of the game? Recruiting the adventurer gives you X lanterns on a roll of Y, potentially a hammer or quill, too, and when recruited, gain a paper (or gem, or ore, or something not a mushroom or fish).

Since the Islebound characters come into play only if the five money spot is empty (I think that is the premise, at least)--and provide something special--I'm hoping these will work in a similar fashion!

This is the thread for using Islebound characters in Above and Below.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.