Support:

Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Description says "6 expansion modules included"

I believe this is the 5 expansion modules from Kingsburg: To Forge a Realm and 1 brand new one, correct?

Can the publisher confirm the new module will be available separately for those who have the first edition? If so, how will it be available? BGG store or will it be available at local game stores?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole
United States
Sun Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Green archer needs food badly!
badge
I am to misbehave.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I've ever seen FF release upgrade kits with the pseudo exception of Descent. Likely, given that this is a second edition (instead of a new printing or some combined special edition) there will likely be rules changes. Could be subtle like Runewars or major like Descent. Regardless, this IP is not bigger the Descent so you better sell your original copy now before people catch on - that is if you want the new version.

Ah FF, giving the big FU to your current customers to try and screw some new ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lakoda wrote:
I don't think I've ever seen FF release upgrade kits with the pseudo exception of Descent. Likely, given that this is a second edition (instead of a new printing or some combined special edition) there will likely be rules changes. Could be subtle like Runewars or major like Descent. Regardless, this IP is not bigger the Descent so you better sell your original copy now before people catch on - that is if you want the new version.

Ah FF, giving the big FU to your current customers to try and screw some new ones.

I don't think it'll be FF who will be publishing the second edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole
United States
Sun Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
I am to misbehave.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just noticed that when the box image got added. Color me excited! That almost strongly implied an upgrade kit will not happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lakoda wrote:
I just noticed that when the box image got added. Color me excited! That almost strongly implied an upgrade kit will not happen.

From the designer (in the Kingsburg forum)

Luke the Flaming wrote:

It is a reprint with different artwork; the game is the same (identical, plus the 6th module).
It is intended for those that do not own it already.
If you think that the game needs to be "fixed", your best option are house rules.

Luke the Flaming wrote:

The rights to publish the game and the rights to use the old artwork belong to different people. They did not reach an agreement.
The publisher thus had two options: no reprint or new artwork.
It it NOT intended as an "improvement" (I love the old artwork as well), but as a necessity to avoid OOP status forever.

If you already own the game, no one is trying to convince you to buy it again (in fact, we insisted to have a "6th module only" option to underline that you do not need to buy it all again).
This new edition is intended for people that do not own the game yet (but would like to).

I'm just hoping to get confirmation that the 6th module only option hasn't changed and how it will be available (BGG store, local game stores, etc)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole
United States
Sun Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
I am to misbehave.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I'm impressed. Kudos to him for pushing the 6th out like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's good news. I already own Kingsburg and the expansion. I enjoy it but wouldn't want to buy an "improved" edition of the game. I like the attitude they took to avoid OOP and stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Possibly a silly question: Will this be printed in english?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocky V
United States
INDIANAPOLIS
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can anyone tell when this is planned to be released??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Germany
Dresden
Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So as i understand it, this is the full game plus the expansion and the 6th module (new one) correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ressless wrote:
So as i understand it, this is the full game plus the expansion and the 6th module (new one) correct?

That's the way I've interpreted it too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.