Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Am I missing a rule, or is the Grimreaper (hulk alien weapon, range 3, 4 red, bolt: +2 hit) significantly and strictly better than the Power Fist (hulk alien, melee, 3 red, bolt +2 hit)?

I suppose unbalance in a deck of tokens is fine, I'm just curious as to whether or not I'm missing anything or is it just -1 die, -3 range, and no area damage in comparison?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One is a primary and the other a secondary weapon; that's the main difference. This isn't in the rules, but Agent S has suggested that you only replace primary weapons with primary weapons and secondary weapons with secondary weapons; whether you do so or not is wholly up to you. Typically primary weapons are more powerful but can run out of ammo while secondary weapons are less powerful but have infinite ammo, but obviously once you get to Alien weapons that goes out the window. If your Hulk has Alien Knowledge, there's very little reason not to take the Grimreaper over the Power Fist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With some cracy skill combinations the melee weapon might be better in some cases, but yes, what Skaak said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Needing alien knowledge is the primary balancing factor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Both need alien knowledge! Also the Grimreaper has infinite ammo as well.

Strange design, but that's not unique in this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.