Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

Which expansions work with the 2nd edition (i.e. Poland, SoS, Guadalcanal, etc)?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob S.
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be going out on a limb, but: they all do.

I have 2nd ed. AtB; I also have Price of Honour (the Polish expansion). It works fine, no issues. A friend has AtB 2nd and Guadalcanal; haven't heard any problems from him. (We'll play it in a week or so.) Storm of Steel (Kursk) is coming out in 2nd ed as well.

I enjoy the system.

Cheers,
/Bob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guadalcanal and Storms of Steel are separate modules - they don't really interact with Awakening the Bear (although with the Firefight Generator, you can mix and match any maps), but they also don't need to interact, as they are stand-alone games.

Price of Honour, Solo Expansion, and Firefight Generator, all work just fine with Awakening the Bear 2nd Edition, as well, as the other mini-expansions out there, like Wrecks & Destructions and Monster Tanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Gambill

Virginia
msg tools
Felkor wrote:
Guadalcanal and Storms of Steel are separate modules - they don't really interact with Awakening the Bear (although with the Firefight Generator, you can mix and match any maps), but they also don't need to interact, as they are stand-alone games.

Price of Honour, Solo Expansion, and Firefight Generator, all work just fine with Awakening the Bear 2nd Edition, as well, as the other mini-expansions out there, like Wrecks & Destructions and Monster Tanks.

Actually, I was led to believe that some of the Fire fights in Price of Honor were designed to be used with units from Storms of Steel and some with AtB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Virginia General wrote:
Felkor wrote:

Actually, I was led to believe that some of the Fire fights in Price of Honor were designed to be used with units from Storms of Steel and some with AtB.

That is correct.

About a 3rd of them require Storms of Steel. There are still plenty to play without Storms of Steel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.