Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nelson Keeler
United States
Belton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me see if this is correct. Cards are played @ beginning of turn for movement, but cards are drawn @ conclusion of turn. If you do not have a movement card, you show your opponent and re- draw 3 cards. The question I have is does this mean the card holder has knowledge of possible plans on the next turn with this faction? Thanks in advance for any answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sachs
United States
Williamstown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Despite your hope, there is not even any inherent symbolism; gravity is simply a coincidence.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what you're asking is answered by "if you have no movement cards, you shuffle your hand into the deck and then draw three new cards". So there's no information revealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelson Keeler
United States
Belton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologize for my rambling narrative. If the British player, @ the conclusion of his turn draws 3 cards, examines those cards and finds no movement cards, the player shows the opponent, shuffles those into deck and draws 3 new cards. Is this correct? However if the player finds 1 movement card, do they turn those cards facedown as the hand to play on next round? This could be important in a 2 player game as with foreknowledge of what cards can be played could allow player to use 1 faction to set-up his next factions stratagy. Is this correct! Thanks in advance for any answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BigNel wrote:
I apologize for my rambling narrative. If the British player, @ the conclusion of his turn draws 3 cards, examines those cards and finds no movement cards, the player shows the opponent, shuffles those into deck and draws 3 new cards. Is this correct? However if the player finds 1 movement card, do they turn those cards facedown as the hand to play on next round? This could be important in a 2 player game as with foreknowledge of what cards can be played could allow player to use 1 faction to set-up his next factions stratagy. Is this correct! Thanks in advance for any answers.

This appears to be correct.

The only time you reveal all your cards is to show you have 3 events and need a reshuffle. You don't reveal what you drew, as long as you have at least one non-event card. I don't know what the penalty would be for lying, but presumably you could still just reshuffle on your turn, and keep doing so until you have a movement card, since you can't play a legal turn without a movement card.

Since each faction only has 4 events and 8 movement cards (6 movement cards in the Siege of Quebec scenario), card counting is a viable strategy. However it will only tell you what an opponent does NOT have in their hand (played cards); there is know way to know EXACTLY what they hold, although you can always speculate.

For instance, 3/8 of the British Regular movement cards are warships (two singles and a double) but only 1 Continental Army warship card (a double) exists. The Loyalists and Patriot Militia each only have one Boat Movement card apiece. Each regular faction has one card to muster 2 Native Americans plus all Fled Native Americans. Knowing these counts, keeping track of them, and planning accordingly is certainly good strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nelson Keeler
United States
Belton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much Alex for your imput. We have played it that
Draw 3 cards @ beginning of turn and play those cards. Now with a turn to set up a move, the whole game changes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BigNel wrote:
Draw 3 cards @ beginning of turn and play those cards. Now with a turn to set up a move, the whole game changes.

Maybe I misunderstood, then...

You can and must play one, and only one, movement card per turn. It must be from the faction whose turn it is.

You may additionally play either zero, one, or two event cards per turn. Again, these are only of the active faction.

You keep any unplayed cards until your faction's next turn (if any), unless you all 3 of a faction's cards in hand are events, in which case you reveal, reshuffle them with any unused cards, and re-draw (repeating until you don't have 3 event cards anymore).

Not sure what you mean by set up a move... do you just mean maneuvering in one round, and then striking on another round/turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BigNel wrote:

No, rules are you draw back up to three cards at the end of your turn. See section 3.4, quoted below.

Quote:
3.4 New Cards Phase - At the end of a turn, the Active
Player draws his hand back up to 3 cards. If there are not
enough cards left in the draw deck, he draws what remains.

If the Active Player has no Movement Card (i.e., only Event
Cards) in his hand after he draws, he must show his cards,
reshuffle them into his draw deck and draw 3 new cards. A
player must always have one Movement Card in his hand
after drawing.

The Active Player’s turn is now over...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.