39.5% of Goal | left

Support:

Tom Roy
United States
Woodside
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This question came up. How do you deal with 2 ghosts in a p.e.d room you end your turn in. Do you fight only one or both? If both when do you fight the second one?

Then when starting your turn in a room with ghosts in which you already have the p.e.d on your back, do you have to fight them?

Thanks for any help guys. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Harmon
msg tools
designer
mb
I believe the rules states that once per turn you can eliminate a ghost by rolling the haunt die. You can do this at the beginning or end of your movement phase. If it is at the end of you movement phase, you cannot continue to move. So if you end your turn in a room with two ghost and a ped, you could pick up the ped and try to remove a ghost unless you had already removed a ghost before your movement phase. Then on your next turn you could try to remove another ghost before you leave with the ped. I will check the rules to see if I have this right, but that is how I have been playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Pearson
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Loves Theme
badge
Des Moines Area Boardgamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can only fight a ghost when you end your turn in the room with them. You would have to roll the dice and stay where you are to fight another ghost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Harmon
msg tools
designer
mb
Yep I got that rule wrong. I played a solo variant of Geister Geister where I made it so I was able to fight a ghost when I ended my turn in a room or before I began my turn but not both. To work with the haunted rooms, I needed to roll 2 un-haunt symbols in a row to remove the haunt. If I didn't then i drew another card and tried again. Sorry for the confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Roy
United States
Woodside
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so what would be the order sequence for both of my questions guys?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Roy
United States
Woodside
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything guys?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ankney

Pennsylvania
msg tools
If you only have one ghostbuster in the room with 2 ghosts and it's the end of your turn you only get to roll once and, if successful, remove just one ghost. However, if there are two ghostbusters in the room you can roll twice and may be able to remove them both if you get successful roles.

For your second question, you could choose to ignore the two ghosts and just try to get out of there with the p.e.d. The only time you are stuck in a room is if it is haunted. I hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.