Subject: TempleCon 2016 in Rhode Island Aug 25-28 Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sakou Balde
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Hey users,

This thread is for anyone planning to go to TempleCon and is looking for players in the open gaming room.

Two of my friends and I are heading to TempleCon for one day, Saturday August 27th. We want to plan the day out since we will only get one day at the con. Anyone want to schedule a play of some games in the open gaming room? We are 3, and want to play something epic. Maybe something 5 or 6 players, a 4x game, a civ builder, a big war game, etc.

Thanks!
Costa
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: TempleCon 2016 Looking for Players Thread
suggestion: edit base post's subject to include two key pieces of info..... 1 location (googling it appears to be RI) and 2 he relevant date (Aug 27th)
cgkokkinos wrote:
Hey users,

This thread is for anyone planning to go to TempleCon and is looking for players in the open gaming room.

Two of my friends and I are heading to TempleCon for one day, Saturday August 27th. We want to plan the day out since we will only get one day at the con. Anyone want to schedule a play of some games in the open gaming room? We are 3, and want to play something epic. Maybe something 5 or 6 players, a 4x game, a civ builder, a big war game, etc.

Thanks!
Costa
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert kircher
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I am planning on being there for all 3 days.

Epic Game options
Through the Ages (new Edition) 4p
Fire in the Lake 4p
Adv Civilization 7p
Age on Renaissance 6p
Manifest Destiny 5p
Mega Civilization 18p

Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sakou Balde
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Would love to play a game with you, Rob! Through the Ages is something a couple of us have been itching to try. Let me know if you would be interested in teaching (we are all experienced gamers) and playing, and let me know what time during the day Saturday you'd be free to play. How long does through the ages usually take?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm planning on being there from Thurs-Sun. My girlfriend could not get off from work, so I'll be flying solo - would love to join in some in the opening gaming room.

I've never been to Templcon before, and it will be my first convention.
Other than the opening gaming is there any other ways to play board games?

How big is the open gaming room? Do a lot of board gamers attend this con? Should I bring my own games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the new edition of Through the Ages, I've only played the peaceful variant but always looking to mix it up. Maybe I can join in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert kircher
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cgkokkinos wrote:
Would love to play a game with you, Rob! Through the Ages is something a couple of us have been itching to try. Let me know if you would be interested in teaching (we are all experienced gamers) and playing, and let me know what time during the day Saturday you'd be free to play. How long does through the ages usually take?

Sure, I can teach and my schedule is pretty open. We can start in the morning. I would expect a teaching game with 4 players going to 4-5 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, just found this thread when I was looking to see if anybody was talking TempleCon.

I'll be working as a game librarian and running events for Lords of Waterdeep, Suburbia, and Dead of Winter (and probably some that I'm forgetting or haven't been assigned yet).

During my non-working hours I'd almost definitely be up for something else.. so consider me subscribed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and to address Justin G's questions:

The open gaming room is huge. Last year it was 2 giant ballrooms and was super-busy late into the night; basically unofficially open 24 hours a day through the weekend.
And there's a very substantial game library; you can definitely bring your own games, but there are plenty to borrow as well.

Reps from Asmodee/FFG and Steve Jackson Games will also be there demoing their own stuff.

As for scheduled game "events" you can sign up for, here's "just the boardgames" for the weekend:
http://templecon.org/16/index.php?option=com_eventbooking&vi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aww I was hoping for this thread to turn into a hotbed of discussion. What happened? I'm so excited about TempleCon you don't even understand!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm excited as well. I signed up for a bunch of opening gaming events. Looking forward to it. Might pick up Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition and a Wrymwood tower while i'm there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone says hello to me in the board game room, I'll give you 8 for a TempleCon microbadge.
You'll recognize me because the cool dude in my avatar will be nearby.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Decoteaux
United States
Wakefield
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am going!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked in. Let me know if you guys are up for some gaming this weekend.

Josh- the structured gaming where you sign up in advance, is it expected that's you already know how to play or will someone will be doing a rules run through?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
jgunnz wrote:
Just checked in. Let me know if you guys are up for some gaming this weekend.

Josh- the structured gaming where you sign up in advance, is it expected that's you already know how to play or will someone will be doing a rules run through?

I was going to give a sarcastic answer, but I'm a little tired. I'm up and getting my son ready for camp so I can drop him off, get some breakfast, do some last minute packing, and head down. I'm aiming to be in Warwick before 11.

But yes, there's definitely teaching. Some of the games being run are brand new, some are years old, but it starts with a rules overview and the "GM" will always be available throughout the game as a resource.
(We might just look in the BGG forums for the answer, but we will resolve your questions...)

Just don't expect to enter the weekend-long Diplomacy tournament and get your hand held through the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Weber
United States
Groton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Josh - Thanks again for teaching our group Dead of Winter this afternoon. We totally would have survived! Lots of fun. It was a pleasure meeting you--no need for any Geek Gold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert kircher
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cgkokkinos wrote:

I will be ready to play at 9am todau

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.