Support:

Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

This question continues an earlier thread, same subject (here: British retreat question). But as that thread is well over a year old I decided to start afresh...

The earlier thread sought to confirm the OP's interpretation that if we (the British) are forced to retreat during the opening battle (in New England 4), and when the Retreat Priorities are followed per rule [8/10/1], then the result of the retreat will always be total British elimination.
(This would be due to rolling a "5" or a "6" on the CRT 100% column, which if I'm not mistaken is the only column that can be used for the opening battle given the starting situation).

So essentially, for the opening battle of each game, the British forces in New England have a 33% chance of being eliminated.

Upon reading the earlier thread I played my next game using that rule. I lived with it. But now that I'm finally playing the game again, that same rule as arisen and after re-reading the earlier thread, I have a question...

In the earlier thread, Wes wrote:
GameBreaker wrote:
I am perfectly happy with the current New England model -- POST BOSTON'S EVACUATION. At the very beginning, Crown troops in New England "4" (Massachusetts shore) should really have a retreat route to Boston. One could add that as an optional rule...

Is there any plan for a future errata (or a FAQ, even) that might include this as an official ruling? (It's just that I've got this thing about house rules... yeah, I know - a personal problem)!

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Erni
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I agree that an official ruling would be nice here. Although I have been "promoted" officially to developer, I really should get Ben on board as well. Actually, you can make a case that ALL retreats early should have an option to end in Boston (where they would be "frozen" like the garrison) -- this would simulate the disorganization both sides exhibited early in the war. And while we are "righting wrongs", maybe the Hessians should be unavailable for purchase as well until Boston is evacuated (no purchases were made in 1775, and their first use was at Long Island August 1776).

But these are just my musings, I am just a "game doctor" and selling ideas to "higher authorities" is not my arena (I am not sure White Dog even knows I am a real person, and not Ben's "imaginary friend").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.