11 Posts

Arboretum» Forums » General

Subject: Fantasy flight sleeved fit in the box? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hype Buster
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm about to buy the game and would like to know if I sleeve the game with Fantasy flight sleeves does it still fit in its box?

If yes, i guess i have to remove the tray?

ty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A K Vikhagen
Sweden
Gothenborg
flag msg tools
At least not in my box, it doesn't. I have tried with Arcane Tinmen sleeves only but I think they are similar in size to the FF ones. Perhaps with perfect fit sleeves it would work - there is a bit of space around the cards in the insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am about to break one of my own rules, by actually recommending Mayday sleeves. (opps, did I say that outloud?). Mayday Premium Chimera sleeves.

https://www.maydaygames.com/products/usa-chimera-card-sleeve...

Cards fit perfectly into the sleeves, and the sleeved cards fit perfectly into the box without any insert (was there one? I don't remember now).

In our last play, I did replace 2 or 3 split sleeves. Buy extra.

This will never happen again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Nottingham
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
SD40 wrote:
I am about to break one of my own rules, by actually recommending Mayday sleeves. (opps, did I say that outloud?). Mayday Premium Chimera sleeves.

https://www.maydaygames.com/products/usa-chimera-card-sleeve...

Cards fit perfectly into the sleeves, and the sleeved cards fit perfectly into the box without any insert (was there one? I don't remember now).

In our last play, I did replace 2 or 3 split sleeves. Buy extra.

This will never happen again.

Yeah, so, UltraPro American work for this, too. They're a little looser on the sides than FFG so there's just enough room to get them in, nice and tight.

But you can't keep the insert. If you want to sleeve everything, get very comfortable throwing out inserts anyway(or store them elsewhere).

Mayday Chimeras are actually their most stable line in my experience. They don't make enough for the pure absurdity that is 1-5mm variation, both height/width, plus heat warps and plastic fusing strands that are their Standard Premiums. Can you believe I bought six packs of the Chimeras for Heroes of Normandie and the sleeves were all the same size, except one pack that was only 1mm off? Felt totally bizarre. I even had enough left over in trying to overpurchase for the believed-to-be-inevitable failure that I was able to sleeve my old 4th edition Warhammer Magic cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hype Buster
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think im gonna buy the FF sleeves and just take the game out of his original box and put it into a generic white card box I hate having a card games sleeved with penny sleeves quality.

Unless i misunderstood something, i believe all mayday are like standard penny sleeves, just the size change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Caram
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
The more important question is, Where are you finding this game available for purchase??? I've heard there is a reprint coming but as for now all I find are outrageous prices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuel Fratila
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You can put any sleeves on the cards and they will fit perfectly in the box with only a small exception: you have to cut with a scissor the bottom of the plastic hold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Nottingham
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
generalpotato wrote:
I think im gonna buy the FF sleeves and just take the game out of his original box and put it into a generic white card box I hate having a card games sleeved with penny sleeves quality.

Unless i misunderstood something, i believe all mayday are like standard penny sleeves, just the size change.

Mayday can be penny sleeves kinda, but they're actually not bad when you find a size that fits right.

No, Mayday premiums of all sizes are subject to incredible quality control issues. Cloudiness, warping, bad sizes, bad cuts, etc. Their only saving grace is they're quick to send you replacements if they're not to your expectations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Nottingham
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
marac408 wrote:
The more important question is, Where are you finding this game available for purchase??? I've heard there is a reprint coming but as for now all I find are outrageous prices.

Watch the geek auctions. I believe i paid 30 for mine. Not too outrageous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Sayward
United States
Kenmore
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marac408 wrote:

I guess I lucked out. I had no idea this game was so prized. I just picked it up at my FLGS for $20 because the owner recommended it.

I promise to play & appreciate this windfall.cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Quick

Riverside
California
msg tools
So do FF Euro sleeves fit the cards well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.