Subject: Player Deck unique cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought from reading the rules, that each player's deck was identical except for the captain's card. However, in comparing the decks of all the captains, they also differ by one other card from each other. I can't remember exactly, but for example, I think the Intimidate card is not in one of the captain decks.

Is this correct or are my card decks messed up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The captain card is an upgraded replacement for a basic card, so each deck is "missing" one basic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny O
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so basically, the decks would be completely identical, except that each captain's card is a slightly stronger version of a different card in the "basic set" of sixteen (which no one actually has, since each deck has a captain).

What this means is that if you look at the decks of any two ships, there will be two differences: The captain card of one deck will (slightly mis-) match a basic card from the other ship, while the other captain will be a slight improvement over a different basic action card in the first ship's deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.