47.3% of Goal | left

Support:

Ulises Fasoli
France
Thonon-les-bains
Haute Savoie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The guys from Geeknson posted recently a new Kickstarter for a great boardgame/dinning table which is currently not getting much attention :

They are the ones who build the Denis table for which Rahdo did a Runthrough some time ago and he loved it.

Here are some of the features of the table from the KS page :

- Keep Dry System
- 4 easy to remove leaves that you can slide across the table
- 3’ x 5’ gaming area and 1- 1.5’’ rail system around the table.
- No MDF.
- No veneer.
- No particle board.
- Hardwood construction.
- Easy to assemble and disassemble

And some of the accessories :

- Cup holders.
- Bins.
- Card groove.
- Counter holders.

Here is the KS link for those interested :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/geeknson-kickstarter/th...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
Already cancelled.

I think they were trying to piggyback on the success of the Duchess, but the Duchess had already soaked up most backers interested in buying a gaming table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulises Fasoli
France
Thonon-les-bains
Haute Savoie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AmadanNaBriona wrote:
Already cancelled.

I think they were trying to piggyback on the success of the Duchess, but the Duchess had already soaked up most backers interested in buying a gaming table.

Yes I just saw that but it will be relaunched next Tuesday, hopefully this time it will do better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
ufasoli wrote:
Yes I just saw that but it will be relaunched next Tuesday, hopefully this time it will do better.

They might do better if they wait until the Duchess ships and BGG is full of posts and pics of people squealing over their new tables.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulises Fasoli
France
Thonon-les-bains
Haute Savoie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AmadanNaBriona wrote:
ufasoli wrote:

They might do better if they wait until the Duchess ships and BGG is full of posts and pics of people squealing over their new tables.

haha this is true, from what I can see of the videos I like this one better; we'll see

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ufasoli wrote:
AmadanNaBriona wrote:
ufasoli wrote:

haha this is true, from what I can see of the videos I like this one better; we'll see

Personally I think this one looks way cheaper than the Duchess. It looks flimsy and the accessories look really tacked on. Which is a real shame, as I'd like to support a uk based company (and presumably shipping to the uk wouldn't kill it like it would have with the Duchess!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ridley Bojangles
United States
Cape Elizabeth
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I also think they would fare better if there was a little lag between now.. I mean most people in the market right now, in that price bracket, probably already dropped their cash on the Duchess. I know I did!

I wonder whether they already had the campaign set to go, or if it was a reaction to the unexpected(?) success of the Duchess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulises Fasoli
France
Thonon-les-bains
Haute Savoie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blakflag wrote:
Yeah I also think they would fare better if there was a little lag between now.. I mean most people in the market right now, in that price bracket, probably already dropped their cash on the Duchess. I know I did!

I wonder whether they already had the campaign set to go, or if it was a reaction to the unexpected(?) success of the Duchess.

I would say it's probably a reaction to the huge success of the duchess.
I almost backed the duchess but the "rubber" wood put me off, also the huge topper was a turn down, I find the blades more user friendly, that being said a wider arm rest would have been nice on the taylah.

Regarding the cheaper look I guess it comes from the prototype that used pine wood which to me always look kind of cheap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulises Fasoli
France
Thonon-les-bains
Haute Savoie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new KS campaign for the Taylah is now live :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/geeknson-kickstarter/th...

Hopefully this time it will get more interest and will be funded!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulises Fasoli
France
Thonon-les-bains
Haute Savoie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This time is actually looking better for the table, they have reached 50% of the funding goal at they're still 25 days to go.
They've also changed the rewards and I must say I prefer the new ones, fingers crossed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Pesti
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really happy for this! I was on the edge with Duchess. Went back and forth with the pledge and finally canceled. There were few factors, for example the height of the table with the slat qould have been way too high for our little one. With that proce, I wouldn't have wanted to have any regrets.

Taylah is half the price to Finland for the set I want. It has none of the flaws Duchess had for me. I am still slightly concerned with the armrest. Geeknson replies to my concern well and that got me to go for it. Only time will tell, but I'll trust that it'll be good.

I agree with earlier posters about the cup holders. They ain't pretty enough! I want wood! If not, I want them for 10€...so...won't happen.

The slats on the other hand look very handy. Being able to leave one on the rail for other stuff is very good! Expensive wing shelves of Duchess but for free! (well, with the dining table option that is) Yay!

3 days left so the funding shouldn't be a problem either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulises Fasoli
France
Thonon-les-bains
Haute Savoie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I agree I would also like wooden cupholders instead of plastic, however as you mentioned I don't see this happening.
The slats are to me the killer feature with the table divider so you can use only part of the surface of the table.
I'm not however as confident as you are regarding the funding as the pledged amount has been going up and down, keeping me fingers crossed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Pesti
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have experience with smaller Kickstarters, but they do have the last 24h push effect, which is usually very strong. 10% is no problem. But you are right that this might be a different case, £400 is quite a lot so you can have a change of heart more easily than in a 50€ board game.

But it's looking good! Only £2400 to fund and still 55 hours to go!

(By the way, could you please change the current Project URL to your opening post so people could find the real campaign more easily? Thanks!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulises Fasoli
France
Thonon-les-bains
Haute Savoie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you're right the last 24h are usually good and the project has picked-up some speed in the last 24h.
I've changed the link as you suggested so it's easier to find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulises Fasoli
France
Thonon-les-bains
Haute Savoie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay, I don't want to get too excited since it's barely over the funding goal but the project is funded

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark S
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Yeah glad to see they funded. I also like that the pledge manager will be a month or so, so you don't have to commit to the table price yet. Gives me time to explore options.

In other KS news, I see The Draken just showed up and man does that table look fabulous. Something to think about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Pesti
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I liked their customer service speech. It does feel that they know how to make tables and know what good customer service is, but they're still learning the Kickstarter way of doing things. It's no problem really as all I care about is the fact that we're funded! And I trust they do ver well post-Kickstarter.

Draken is pretty indeed, but in completly different price range. Price wise the current Kickstarter tables go from Taylah -> Duchess -> Draken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulises Fasoli
France
Thonon-les-bains
Haute Savoie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow the dracken is a very nice table but yeah it's a different price range, plus from what I can see it only ships to the US so that's a no go for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.