$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 59.89

4,304 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
27.1% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Scythe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about "people's army" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Super Turtle
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The rusviet's "people's army" ability will apply if rusviet attacks a hex with a mech which carries a worker?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ottevaere Wouter
Belgium
Vosselaar
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course: it just needs a worker in the hex where the combat takes place. And with the transport ability of Mechs, it's easy to pick up a worker and take him into battle for activating the People's Army ability (one extra Combat Card).

So how the worker gets into the battlefield hex (his own movement or pick-up-and-transport by a Mech) doesn't matter: the worker just needs to be present for activating the People's Army ability.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Super Turtle
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you for the quick response. I am glad that we played it correctly
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hewlett
msg tools
I dont think the worker could mive into combat under his own movement action. Workers cannot move into territories with other enemy units. So he would have to be carried by the mech.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor S.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wout wrote:
Of course: it just needs a worker in the hex where the combat takes place. And with the transport ability of Mechs, it's easy to pick up a worker and take him into battle for activating the People's Army ability (one extra Combat Card).

So how the worker gets into the battlefield hex (his own movement or pick-up-and-transport by a Mech) doesn't matter: the worker just needs to be present for activating the People's Army ability.


Workers may not be moved into combat.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Morton
msg tools
saint1012 wrote:
Wout wrote:
Of course: it just needs a worker in the hex where the combat takes place. And with the transport ability of Mechs, it's easy to pick up a worker and take him into battle for activating the People's Army ability (one extra Combat Card).

So how the worker gets into the battlefield hex (his own movement or pick-up-and-transport by a Mech) doesn't matter: the worker just needs to be present for activating the People's Army ability.


Workers may not be moved into combat.

When the worker is moving himself, right? Mechs can carry them into combat? (If not, there's no reason for the rules bits covering that defenders don't lose popularity when they force workers to retreat...)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Huss
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Workers can't move themselves into combat, but mechs can take them with into combat.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor S.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GizmotronX5000 wrote:
Correct. Workers can't move themselves into combat, but mechs can take them with into combat.


Yes, I did not even think to mention that part. My fault - thank you for the clarification!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.