45.6% of Goal | left

Support:

Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played The Lonely Mountain senario. The first round you did not have to do much because you skip the quest phase. But I played out a couple of allies, that is important, because soon I will meet a dragon.

After a couple of rounds I did my second burgler attempt. The first one had failed. The second one did as well, at first. But I could pay 2 mana from Bilbo to try again. And this time it was a success. I got a treasure that later let me draw 3 cards. I decided go to 3B without try to steal more tresures.

One treachery card I draw was one that will give Aragorn one wound each time he spending one mana. Ouch. Also Smaug attacked, and the shadow card gave him a second attack. Two of my allies died, one of them had 2 in questing. Ouch again.

The round after that I tried to hit the dragon as much as I could. I did all questing with one of my players. And I did succed questing. But did not succed with the burgler attempt, so no A Bare Patch Attached, no minus three defense on Smaug. With the other player I did hit Smaug as much as I could. I hit him with 21, and could put 12 markers on him. I now needed 9 progress markers on the quest to be able to take Smaug away.

The next round was the play to put alot of progress markers on the quest card. But...

I did questing with all characters that could quest. I also played a card so the Rohan characters got +2 questing, in total +6. But when I draw the enemy cards, I draw a treachery card that made me choose one and only one sphere to quest with. This barely made me succed the questing, and only 2 progress on the quest. I also draw on more enemy that attacked one of the players. Also Smaug attacked and killed one allied.

The round after that I did alot of questing again. Also did discarded card to get plus. And did kill one enemy with Legolas to be able to put progress on the quest card. This way I did get exactly 9 progress on the quest card. Smaug was gone.

And the next round I did a lot of questing again, and now could put so I had 20 progress tokens on the quest card. Victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done! This is a tough quest so every win is precious. I do have a little trick to offer you.

Quote:
I did questing with all characters that could quest. I also played a card so the Rohan characters got +2 questing, in total +6. But when I draw the enemy cards, I draw a treachery card that made me choose one and only one sphere to quest with. This barely made me succeed the questing.

There is an action window after revealing cards for staging but before you resolve the quest. You can wait to see how the staging turns out and then play events such as Astonishing Speed to pump your willpower. That way if something comes out that messes you up you can choose not to play the card if it's not going to help as much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toliveischrist77 wrote:
Well done! This is a tough quest so every win is precious. I do have a little trick to offer you.

Quote:
I did questing with all characters that could quest. I also played a card so the Rohan characters got +2 questing, in total +6. But when I draw the enemy cards, I draw a treachery card that made me choose one and only one sphere to quest with. This barely made me succeed the questing.

There is an action window after revealing cards for staging but before you resolve the quest. You can wait to see how the staging turns out and then play events such as Astonishing Speed to pump your willpower. That way if something comes out that messes you up you can choose not to play the card if it's not going to help as much.

Thanks! Ah yeah. Use to use that window to play event cards, but sometimes I forget to wait with them. But, yes, it's a good thing to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.