6 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Just got Mage knight and want to share my opinion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Taye T
msg tools
mb
I just got mage knight ,the base game, last week and the lost legion expansion and Krang today. I played in the weekend the tutorial game and a solo conquest.

First,regarding quality.

The base game came with all the components,nothing missing. The card quality was not bad, but i sleeved the cards from the start, with colored dragon shield sleeves. (different color for the units). I did this because i read about the color problem.

The tiles were perfect,nothing bent.Tokens ok. Cardboard quality was good,keeping in mind what i have read.

Now the only problem in the base game was.... THE SMELL. The miniatures were ok, but the cities were really stinky. I let them out on the table ,near air, and the smell is still there ,well a little better, but it is there.
Other than that i was pleased.

Now quality for the expansions.

First lost legion. All the cards and tokens were in the box, cardboard quality almost the same. The tiles were perfect,not bent.The miniatures ok, no smell.
The only problem were the color of the tokens and tiles, they were more bright than the base game. The cards were the same color i think, anyway they are sleeved.
So the only problem is the color.

For krang, all is good, the cards were just a little bent,but no problem they are going into sleeves. No smell.

Artifact cards don`t have THAT problem.

I`m waiting for the next print of tezla before buying it.

Now for gameplay.

WOW, and WOW. JUST WOW. I love it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Step up to the Magical Mystery Tour

Step right this way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoy! Mage Knight is an excellent game with tremendous amounts of depth!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YANN LALIBERTE
Canada
flag msg tools
my favorite game with lord of the rings LCG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure in reading about the game you have come across this advice, but it turned the game around for me. When I first started playing I looked at the board and figured out what I wanted to do and then tried to bend my hand of cards into that mold. I had trouble with the game but I saw the greatness in it. Once I learned to look at my hand and evaluate my options and pick the best for me at the time I enjoyed the game much more and my turn actually went faster. Always good to see someone jumping into the game and this is the best advice I can give.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Rojas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah wow and woooo hoooo! Woooow!

-tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.