$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
48.7% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Kemet» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can somebody veto an escape played in a battle they are not involved in? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: OP_deleted [+] [View All]
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fusion89k wrote:
However, someone else uninvolved, could play veto on your escape if they think it would benefit them.

So, just to be clear, this is possible?

My understanding is that since a battle takes place as soon as two opponents meet, a battle ensues and that therefore, veto can no longer be played thus allowing the player to escape.
My buddy's reading is that since the battle cards have not yet been played, no battle takes place and thus a veto can cancel the escape card.

Now I would like to know since this is likely to occur more often.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clévy
France
Strasbourg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think any player can veto any non-battle DI card. A battle DI card will have the battle icon on it and is played with a battle card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rapzoph wrote:
I think any player can veto any non-battle DI card. A battle DI card will have the battle icon on it and is played with a battle card.

That's an interesting take on matters. Thanks. I hope to get more responses, though We would want to know for sure next time we play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Grant Green - Am I Blue? // Tina Brooks - True Blue // Buddy Guy - Damn Right, I've Got The Blues // Harold Land - West Coast Blues! // Sam McClain - Blues for the Soul // Oliver Nelson - Screamin' the Blues
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ian gave you the correct answer. I think your initial premise is what has you confused:

AernoutMJC wrote:
My understanding is that since a battle takes place as soon as two opponents meet...

That's not correct - there are instances where opponents meet and no battle takes place, for example when someone plays the Escape d.i. card. From the official FAQ:

matagot_contact wrote:

2.4 If I have Initiative and my opponent plays an Escape DI card, which effect wins?
As no battle occurs (as per the effect of the Escape DI card), Initiative has no effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! Thanks very much
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.