Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Seperating a Double Mat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Schedel
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
My friend has a play mat for Legendary. (Note: this is made using a material like the mat for the Villains Expansion) However, this mat is a double mat. For whatever reason, it's like two mats attached together. (Maybe for a competition?)

He told me that if he could figure out how to separate it, (Like cutting a mousepad in half, if you will.) he would give me one of the sides.

Any ideas for cutting it without the fabric fraying?

The only idea I had was to cut it with a razor knife, then to use a lighter to burn off the frayed edges.

I'm open to any suggestion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
I've cut neoprene mats with a fabric side before, and didn't have any issues with fraying or tearing. For those mats, the play surface is glued on there, so you may be just fine cutting it without any additional steps. It's hard to say definitively without seeing it in person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Brownell
United States
Twin Oaks
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jackschedel wrote:
My friend has a play mat for Legendary. (Note: this is made using a material like the mat for the Villains Expansion) However, this mat is a double mat. For whatever reason, it's like two mats attached together. (Maybe for a competition?)

He told me that if he could figure out how to separate it, (Like cutting a mousepad in half, if you will.) he would give me one of the sides.

Any ideas for cutting it without the fabric fraying?

The only idea I had was to cut it with a razor knife, then to use a lighter to burn off the frayed edges.

I'm open to any suggestion.

I have one of these. Got it from my local game shop before it closed (and no longer use the game board because of it).

I've been tempted to do this, but held off for the same reason (fear of it falling apart afterward)...so, y'know, lemme know if it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.