Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce X
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the Nordic player, using Seaworthy, allowed to move directly from the mountain hex in the home area to the lake? I suspect not since technically it crosses a river hexside, but need definitive answer.
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danwarr
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Seaworthy overrides any river restrictions. So long as you are moving to or from a Lake hex, the movement should be legal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Barstow
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is definitely a valid move with Seaworthy.

One, I might add, that also puts you within one space of the Factory. Seaworthy is my favorite "1st pick" when playing blue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, there's a chart on the the Move page of the rules that shows that lakes are different than rivers. A river is not between a land territory and a lake. So a mech/character with Seaworthy can move from a territory to an adjacent lake territory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
ermd wrote:
Is the Nordic player, using Seaworthy, allowed to move directly from the mountain hex in the home area to the lake? I suspect not since technically it crosses a river hexside, but need definitive answer.
Thanks

Where are you technically crossing a river?

I'd say that you could definitely do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Consider it this way: since the Nordic Riverwalk ability only allows you to move TO a Mountain or Forest hex, if you actually had to cross a River to enter a Lake, the Riverwalk wouldn't be applicable. You would never be able to enter a Lake territory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See the photo and explanation in the bottom left of page 11. It's definitely a legal move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Radaelli
Italy
Seregno
MB
flag msg tools
Avus paternus meus centum annos vixit quod se facebat CAZZOS SUOS
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Sure, there's a chart on the the Move page of the rules that shows that lakes are different than rivers. A river is not between a land territory and a lake. So a mech/character with Seaworthy can move from a territory to an adjacent lake territory.

Does this rule counts also for the Submerge ability of Polania?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Edwards
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
gavhriel wrote:
jameystegmaier wrote:

Does this rule counts also for the Submerge ability of Polania?

"A river is not between a land territory and a lake" is a general statement that is not specific to the Seaworthy ability, so yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a question about Seaworthy last night as well. Polania with Submerge attacked Nordic with Seaworthy ON a lake. Nordic lost. He would get sent back to his base, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
We had a question about Seaworthy last night as well. Polania with Submerge attacked Nordic with Seaworthy ON a lake. Nordic lost. He would get sent back to his base, correct?

Maybe I'm missing something -- where else would Nordic be sent back to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GAFBlizzard wrote:
Cardboardjunkie wrote:

Normally with Seaworthy, they could retreat to an adjacent lake. Since the battle took place on a lake, however, I think they would be forced to return to base. There just wouldn't be any other option. It would be the same if they were attacked on a land locked space like the factory...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
GAFBlizzard wrote:
Cardboardjunkie wrote:

Normally with Seaworthy, they could retreat to an adjacent lake. Since the battle took place on a lake, however, I think they would be forced to return to base. There just wouldn't be any other option. It would be the same if they were attacked on a land locked space like the factory...

That's what I'm saying. They can retreat to adjacent lakes, but obviously there are no adjacent lakes.

What is the proposed alternative for them to retreat to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Ferrari
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules, p.23

Quote:
Lake battles can happen between factions
like Polania and Nordic that have activated lake-related
mech abilities. If a mech transporting workers is attacked
while on a lake and the attacker wins combat, the attacking
player loses 1 popularity for each of those workers (they are
forced to retreat with the mech to their home base)

So yes, you must retreat to your home base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Simone (and Mathue). I was teaching second-hand, and the section in the rulebook covering Seaworthy and Submerge only mentioned that combat COULD happen on lakes, not what happens after. I'm going to try to find the online rulebook and give it a read. I think there may be one other thing I was taught that might be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Burger
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have a question about Seaworthy retreats.

If a Seaworthy Mech and X number of workers are forced to retreat after battle, can the Mech carry the workers with it to the lake it retreats to, or do the workers go to home base and the Mech to the lake? (Assuming it has a valid Lake territory to retreat to ofcourse)

Edit: After digging through this forum a bit I found an answer to this question by Jamie. It is possible for a Mech to transport workers when retreating.

"
From Jamie
Joseph: That's a good question. It's only the mechs and your character that are allowed to retreat to the lake if you have that ability. It's not a Move action where mechs can transport workers with them, so the workers would need to retreat back to the Nordic home base.

EDIT: I ended up changing this is the final rules, as thematically it didn't make sense that workers couldn't climb back into the boat-like mech as it escapes into an adjacent lake. So the final rules allow for Nordic mechs to transport workers from combat into an adjacent lake as they retreat as part of Seaworthy (it's noted in the printed rulebook that way)."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.