Subject: Vale Cards Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ollie Fraser
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi
We have just played our first game, really enjoyed it even though I was thrashed, but one question came up. Can you buy multiple vale cards? Such as Stream of Vigor? So you would gain 4 mana every harvest.
Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We wondered the same thing.

Some of the Vale cards specifically say: "Cannot buy a 2nd copy of this" or something to that effect, so we allowed it for the ones that didn't specify it.

And I get crushed at this game too.

Clearly do not know how to optimize or I'm not pressing my luck enough. Or is it that I'm pressing it too much?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ollie Fraser
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's good to see I'm not the only one who gets thrashed. soblue
My Tatic was to go for more mana to spend on attachments, but I think the way to go is Vale cards.

I think you are right if it doesn't say you can't then you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheClamMan wrote:
Hi
We have just played our first game, really enjoyed it even though I was thrashed, but one question came up. Can you buy multiple vale cards? Such as Stream of Vigor? So you would gain 4 mana every harvest.
Cheers

On page 10 of the rules under Buy Vale Cards it states, "You may buy up to two vale cards per turn."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pekin2121 wrote:
TheClamMan wrote:
Hi
Cheers

On page 10 of the rules under Buy Vale Cards it states, "You may buy up to two vale cards per turn."

His question, I believe, is more can you buy the SAME Vale card vs more than 1 at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
isellsunshine wrote:
pekin2121 wrote:
TheClamMan wrote:
Hi
Cheers

His question, I believe, is more can you buy the SAME Vale card vs more than 1 at a time.

Ah, right. As you mentioned above, unless a card states a 2nd copy cannot be bought I think you should be able to buy the same card twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.