Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Abercrombie
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
It's been confusion from the word go!
mbmbmbmbmb
How will painting that Farrenroc mini work?

I generally use the dip method. With primer, base, dip, dull coat, that's a minimum of 4 layers. Is the mini still going to fit together properly with all of that?
I can't imagine any coating is going to wear well where the pieces fit together and rub a lot.

I'm really loving the mini and its actual functionality in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question!
I'm a bit afraid that the dismantling of the mini will be rough on the paint. Looks like it required some force to remove the parts.
But I'll let the experienced painters answer this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps this would be a good thing to bring up with MCG. I would rather see a bit of a gap in the parts that are to be removed so that it will take primer, paint and seal without becoming stuck or overly damaged with use...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Abercrombie
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe a pre-painted Farrenroc stretch goal or at least basic coloration to help with any wear issues???
At least a very basic one. I'm sure a lot of folks will still spice it a little on their own but having something tried ahead of time would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abercrab wrote:
Maybe a pre-painted Farrenroc stretch goal or at least basic coloration to help with any wear issues???
At least a very basic one. I'm sure a lot of folks will still spice it a little on their own but having something tried ahead of time would be nice.

I don't know if many people would like that. Myth offers a lot to the miniature painting crowd. I think many of us would prefer an unpainted city so we can colour it ourselves. Not saying a prepainted mini is a bad idea, but I know I would not go for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Burchett
United States
Maryville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Avengers! Cowabunga!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just magnetize the pieces. Paint each piece separately and then add magnets to where they go. It is ok for me to have the pieces that rub each other not painted.

I will say, that I am not a good painter and will probably just splash some grey and some browns with a black wash. With a matte varnish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Abercrombie
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian T wrote:
abercrab wrote:

I don't know if many people would like that. Myth offers a lot to the miniature painting crowd. I think many of us would prefer an unpainted city so we can colour it ourselves. Not saying a prepainted mini is a bad idea, but I know I would not go for it.

Yeah, that's why I would want it to be kept simple so it would be easy to modify/repaint. Maybe some different colored plastics could be used to give a basic appearance. It wouldn't address the possible fit problem with adding paint layers but it would probably help with the rubbing issue by having a stable 'base coat'.

ironjehoshaphat wrote:
Just magnetize the pieces. Paint each piece separately and then add magnets to where they go. It is ok for me to have the pieces that rub each other not painted.

Probably would have to do some actual cutting into the mini to get the magnets in and have the whole thing fit together properly, wouldn't you? I need to watch the video again of the city, but if the whole thing isn't painted, it's not going to look right once pieces start coming off. I don't think I would paint it at all if it looks odd while actually playing the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.