Subject: Promo Tiles! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
Q: Are we not men?
mbmbmbmbmb
So I got my Kickstartered Alternate Histories today. It all looks awesome.

I was supposed to get 3 different promo rules tiles, but accidentally got 2 copies of one of them instead of the third one. I got:

-Research: "May be used by each player at their own option, after creating their opening hand of cards. Discard one additional card. Ten examine the top 10 cards of your draw deck and take 1 of the cards into hand. Then shuffle the other 9 back into your Draw Deck".

-Preparing for War!: "Used by each player, before shuffling their decks at the beginning of the game. Take one status or Response card from your deck and place it face-down on the table. Players who chose status cards reveal them simultaneously; these cards begin the game in play. Then players shuffle and proceed as usual".

Could someone post the text of the third one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Usticke
United States
Peekskill
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe there are only those two promo tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe there is a third NEW tile. I believe you were supposed to choose one of Griggling Games, Inc.'s existing tiles for the third one [I chose the tile from Destination: Neptune since I already had the others].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh. My package came with an "invoice" kinda deal that says "bonus: Build-Up To War! Promo Tile." Unless maybe that is supposed to be the Preparing for War! promo tile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Usticke
United States
Peekskill
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a typo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know about that. The KS came with just two new promo tiles + your choice of a previously published promo tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:
Don't know about that. The KS came with just two new promo tiles + your choice of a previously published promo tile.

Ok, so likely what happened was there are two new promo tiles (Research and Prepare for War!), the "invoice" I got had a typo (old name?) on it (that being Build-Up To War!), and I probably forgot to select a specific bonus tile and got a second "Prepare For War!" by default.

That makes sense.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just realized I didn't subscribe to the alt history forums. Yes, the promo tile build up to war was renamed preparing for war. Sorry about the confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Lang
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How do these promo tiles work? Do you randomly pick one at the start of each game? I cannot find rules how to deal with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The promo tiles (hard cardboard) are just new rules. Pretend they are in the rulebook. Or use them however you like. None of the promos are "canon" so you and your friends can decide ahead of time.

The promo cards can be used however you all agree. Draft, bid, random. Face-up, or face-down.

Whatever you like!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In general terms, are the promo cards intended to be in addition to your hand i.e. do not count towards hand size?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
eadred wrote:
In general terms, are the promo cards intended to be in addition to your hand i.e. do not count towards hand size?

Since they have the different card back, I don't think they should go into your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo The rules for the three old ones are posted in the Files section, and you don't physically need the actual tiles. The rules for the two new ones are here on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.