Hide
11 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » General

Subject: Add Wulfsburg expansion from the start? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Narducci
msg tools
I just purchased BP and decided to purchase the Wulfsburg expansion because I read it makes the game drastically better.

My question...is there any reason not to add the expansion to the base game and start from Scenario 1 with the cards added?

Is this recommended?

It is the only expansion I bought for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Christensen
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer having the wolves and Wolfbominations in the base game as well as the items in the expansion. It adds more variety. I would say, "definitely yes".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd play the first two scenarios (the ones listed as Easy) from Black Plague without adding Wulfsburg. Then go crazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Courneya
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Try the first few scenarios to get a feel for the game. Wulfsburg adds a little more difficulty (and some variety).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clarke

Ewloe
Flintshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played the first scenario (so we understood the base rules) then added the wolves. Seemed to work well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh, I'm going to go against the trend here and say save them for the Wulfsburg campaign. That way you'll have some new stuff to look forward to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff wrote:
Eh, I'm going to go against the trend here and say save them for the Wulfsburg campaign. That way you'll have some new stuff to look forward to.

We did this, too. We found the new magic items in the expansion made the game easier, so we started to hold back until we got to Wulfsburg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
Google "Gloom of Kilforth"!
badge
Google "Gloom of Kilforth"!
mbmbmbmbmb
Chuck it in from the start - it has the variety that this game really needs. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
Chuck it in from the start - it has the variety that this game really needs. cool

+1. Wulfsburg should've been in the base game to begin with IMO (maybe minus the minis/tiles due to cost issues).

Toss all that stuff in and the game will thank you for it later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
Just added the Wulfsburg box last week. Hated it. Haven't played since... but that's more down to lack of time. Either way, I'd just go base game for a bit, then add the variety later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
celdom wrote:
Just added the Wulfsburg box last week. Hated it.

Why so?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.