Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received my copy here in the Bay Area. I wasn't expecting to see it for another week or two. Yay!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadir Elfarra
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine landed today, too! Woot!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Miller
United States
Morgan Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kobold Curry Chef wrote:
Just received my copy here in the Bay Area. I wasn't expecting to see it for another week or two. Yay!!

When are you coming over to play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Morocco
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived yesterday. I played the Avalon Hill version but gotta admit that production values and graphics for GMT version are top notch!

Great job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
POUM
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kobold Curry Chef wrote:

Pictures, pictures! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Amala
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
"Heke Heke": Hamsterish for "Huh?"
badge
paul@amala.us
mbmbmbmbmb
Kobold Curry Chef wrote:

Same - I'm in the Bay Area too and mine showed up Wed. 20 July. Good uplifter after returning from the A's game with a 7/0 loss to the Astros.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadir Elfarra
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
madmat wrote:
Mine arrived yesterday. I played the Avalon Hill version but gotta admit that production values and graphics for GMT version are top notch!

Great job!

+1 - it's a very impressive package as games go. Looking forward to getting it on the table soon.

-N

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Duensing
United States
Bartlett
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received mine today. It's nice except the fan-fold boards are questionable. We'll have to see how they hold up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Amala
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
"Heke Heke": Hamsterish for "Huh?"
badge
paul@amala.us
mbmbmbmbmb
LibertyToad wrote:
I received mine today. It's nice except the fan-fold boards are questionable. We'll have to see how they hold up.

I put boards like this under plexiglass. Well actually I put all my game boards under plexiglass....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McLean
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived in NC yesterday as well. My youngest son is really excited to get it to the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadir Elfarra
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
paulampla wrote:
...I put all my game boards under plexiglass....

Ditto. It's really great at keeping boards/maps/etc in top condition. Granted, you can't risk spills as the capillary action will suck liquid under the plexi, but that's a small price to pay for great looking maps.

Plexi is also handy if you need to mark the map - use china markers and you can easily wipe them off later.

-N
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Sola Ramos
Spain
Pilar de la Horadada
Alicante
flag msg tools
The Panzer Pusher gives you prestige!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to receiving mine. I'm eager to make a deep review of it!

BTW, I don't like neither plexiglass nor tweezers when playing wargames. If there is something I like about boardgames is the feeling of touching them. But that's a personal taste.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Duensing
United States
Bartlett
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paulamala wrote:
LibertyToad wrote:

I put boards like this under plexiglass. Well actually I put all my game boards under plexiglass....

Yes. I always use plexiglass as well. Looking forward to playing the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nolan Hudgens
msg tools
mb
Poster frames (Walmart or similar) work very well for ASL maps: no reason they wouldn't do here as well.

I'm really impressed with the game components. those unit data cards are _way_ better than the original YQ Panzer cards. They must be 4x thicker than those original notecard- style ones. Of course I'll expect them to last until i'm too old to read them. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johnny5 Is Alive
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree there's nothing like the tactile feeling of handling the pieces on the game board, though this time you might want to reconsider with these maps being folded like an accordion.

By the way got mine today in Virginia US, you folks should be getting your copies very soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johnny5 Is Alive
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes those cards are very legible and easier to read. The best part is the it is the same system to Panzer and the cards are compatible between eras..now you can compare just out the league the old Shermans really were...but then the Israelis continued to use their Super Shermans M50s for years against the likes of T-62s. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Maidhof
United States
Islip
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrived on Long Island, NY this evening. Very nice components. Even took some M1's and T-80BU's out for a quick spin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.