Subject: [WIP] - Demolish rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Sangkavasi
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Hi folks.

This is my first post ever to this site. I wasn't even aware that this community really existed, though I'm not surprised.

I'm posting this thread because I need opinions on a game design I've been working on with a friend for over a year now. Without really knowing what the heck we were doing, we created an entire game, got a few demos printed, and have been playtesting it among friends.

We even decided we should run a Kickstarter to get the game into production. In the 8 days the campaign has been running, I've learned 2 things:

1. There seem to be just as many crowdfunding campaign service companies as there are actual backers for campaigns.
2. We may have jumped the gun a bit.

I'm hoping to get some feedback from you guys. I think the game is solid so far, and we've been playing the game for several months now, with every game result being different.

Okay, TL;DR: Here's a game idea and some related videos.

===================================

DEMOLISH - A Destructive Card Game

Premise:
All players are in charge of building a certain number of landmarks to win the game. A tourist named Jules visits the landmarks as they are built. Players take turns building up their landmark map while trying to demolish other players' landmarks.

Setup:
One single deck of cards is shuffled and placed in the middle of all players. Players draw five cards to start their hand.

Gameplay:
Players take their turn by drawing two cards. They can build one landmark per turn, and they can play one offense card per turn. Players must build seven landmarks to win. Offense cards are use to destroy opponents' landmarks.

Jules visits the landmarks by moving between them after each turn. If an opponent destroys a landmark while Jules is visiting it, the player that owns the demolished landmark is eliminated from the game.

When you build a landmark, place it in front of you in a line. All opponent landmark lines build the landmark map, so Jules will circle around to all players' landmarks. The more landmarks you build, the closer you are to winning, but the more susceptible you are to being eliminated from the game.

===================================

So yeah. That's the idea.

Here is a link to the video we've uploaded to YouTube:

https://youtu.be/l4hNKTG04Po

Also, facebook.com/demolishcardgame

Also, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662303581/demolish-a-d...

I hope I've posted this stuff in the right place. I look forward to any questions or thoughts the community may have.

Thanks a bunch.

-Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.