Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked this up and was very disappointed when I got home to find that many of the cards were severely miscut. It looks like one sheet was probably just misaligned. Hopefully it's an isolated accident, but I figured I'd mention it in case it is more wide-spread.

The plastic cards came in two shrinkwrapped decks; the larger deck was totally fine, but all but 5 cards in the smaller deck were miscut.

(Before you ask, I've just emailed AEG's customer service. I'm posting this because it's kind of interesting, and also in the unlikely event it is a more wide-spread problem)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bummer, hopefully AEG will help you out. My cards look okay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
AEG customer service has been second to none when I have had to use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Johnson
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did see one other case of this. AEG customer service should be able to get this replaced for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Asher
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My advancements were good but my rulebook was borked. AEG turned around with some of the best customer service I've ever seen (surpassed only by Apple) to replace it. Shoot them an email if you haven't already done so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They replied today and said it wouldn't be a problem, but asked for a picture of the UPC and my mailing address. Which I thought was odd since I put the mailing address and pictures of the miscut cards in my original email.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Bear
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe they thought you were someone else who'd downloaded these posted photos from online, and so wanted to be sure someone wasn't doing that?

In this day and age, they may get people doing that, and want to match address to photo to upc, so if they ever get anyone using a duplicate photo stolen off the web, they'll have their address. Hosers like that would probably rip the shrink off at the store quietly to get a clear upc shot, too. But if their photo is a dupe of one someone else had previously sent in, With the Same UPC,bam, they are caught. So sending the UPC protects You, from someone potentially downloading the pic from this thread, sending in a upcoming from a quick snap at the store. Because yours will be different.

Chances are no one has even sent a dupe photo in this case, procedures are likely just to have on hand in case anyone does.

My brain whirls at super fast speeds between all my anxieties, ocd, etc, so, I think up weird stuff . . . . Lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sarebear62 wrote:
With the Same UPC

Every copy of Mystic Vale has the same UPC. That's how UPCs work. It might get a different UPC if they released an updated version, or if there were multiple editions. But right now there's only one printing so they'd all have the same UPC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Bear
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I meant, with the same UPC photo. This is where the miswiring in my brain that often has me using less words than needed, which is why I get so wordy, to patch around it, but sometimes here, the word just gets left out, when it was meant to be there. It's less words, or a hole where the words won't come at all.

Sorry I didn't catch this one! I'm relatively new to being consciously aware of the problem, but, I guess I don't always catch it, yet.

And yes, a lot of Upc photos will look the same, but there will be differences enough in many of them, angle, orientation, lighting, etc.
Anyway, that's what I meant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up picking up the game and had two cards with cuts on the top of them, I sent off an email, they got back to me and asked for a UPS picture and boom, my cards were sent out. They came in today and I could not ask for better service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
They replied today and said it wouldn't be a problem, but asked for a picture of the UPC and my mailing address. Which I thought was odd since I put the mailing address and pictures of the miscut cards in my original email.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just got my copy in today and have the same issue. My starting cards and most of my level 1 stuff is ok, but level 2 and 3 are totally screwed up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McGreevy
United States
Naples
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Before contacting AEG look at all of the cards especially the border on the top and bottom of the sets. If they are miss cut all of the set will be miss cut. I found 10 sets (30 cards), 2 Level 1s, 6 Level 2s and 2 Level 3s, in my box and have contacted AEG. Will let you know what they say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bclayj wrote:
Asmor wrote:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just got my copy in today and have the same issue. My starting cards and most of my level 1 stuff is ok, but level 2 and 3 are totally screwed up.

I contacted them on a Friday evening and by the next Thursday I had a complete set of new cards in hand. Great customer service experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wileman
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
my cards ok but when I removed the film, 30 of the cards had the graphics on the film not the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Your cards are ok other than that they were printed incorrectly? You have an odd definition of ok.

The printing definitely is not supposed to be on the film, nor should it come off when you peel the film off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Zwart
South Africa
KwaZulu-Natal
flag msg tools
And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here I am! Send me."
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same issue with the pictures being printed on the film on a whole bunch of my cards, they are peeling off now.I will contact AEG and see what they can do.

Edit - AEG have confirmed they will replace the faulty cards. I had to go through the entire deck. I discovered that where one card was misprinted, all three of the same type of card would also be misprinted. Here are the cards that were misprinted onto the protective film:

1. Feral Chieftain
2. Druid’s Song
3. Bear Totem
4. Plow
5. Mindful Owl
6. Grovetender
7. Hawk
8. Codlings
9. Magic Seed
10. Way finder
11. Ent Elder
12. Cleansing Rain

This is what a misprint looks like:

[ImageID=https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3226559/philipz]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.