$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 80.59

5,403 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
34% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: The Game of 49 on sale at Target B&M for $17.99 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn
United States
Southgate
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stopped at Target for something else and walked past the game section. They had The Game of 49 on sale for $17.99. Shows as $19.99 online. This is the new updated version with slightly better components/looks.

Looks to be most(all?) Targets have it as this price according to Brickseek.

SKU = 087-10-2890
Brickseek
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Koenig
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice deal. Will swing by a local target after work today. Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been so frustrated trying to find this game at Target. Online it shows the game in stock at multiple locations near me, but not a single one of them has the game on their shelves. I think I've checked 4 stores that all supposedly had the game. I could just order online for in-store pick-up, but the price is higher. Not sure what's going on. Will try again today.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony C
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last time I went to my Target, they had it on an Endcap that was close to, but not in the boardgame section. They also had Monikers for $22 I believe and considering it was previously only available online for $25, that's a warm deal.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Petty
United States
Lapeer
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Yes, I've seen in it on several endcaps too, along with Qwixx Deluxe, The Metagame and Klask. All were on sale, but not clearance, so definitely a warm deal.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frock Lobster
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
travvller wrote:
I've been so frustrated trying to find this game at Target. Online it shows the game in stock at multiple locations near me, but not a single one of them has the game on their shelves.

This happened to me, so I asked at customer service and they had someone go find it for me. It was nowhere to be seen in the games department...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dexdouglas wrote:
Last time I went to my Target, they had it on an Endcap that was close to, but not in the boardgame section. They also had Monikers for $22 I believe and considering it was previously only available online for $25, that's a warm deal.


VERY much THIS.

Check the endcap -- it's the ONLY place I've seen them. I never see them by their game section. The Game of 49, Klask, and Qwixx deluxe on the same endcap.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingD21 wrote:
dexdouglas wrote:
Last time I went to my Target, they had it on an Endcap that was close to, but not in the boardgame section. They also had Monikers for $22 I believe and considering it was previously only available online for $25, that's a warm deal.


VERY much THIS.

Check the endcap -- it's the ONLY place I've seen them. I never see them by their game section. The Game of 49, Klask, and Qwixx deluxe on the same endcap.


Yeah, it is in a very odd section. It's still in the Toys area, but sometimes on the "pink side" or on the "pool side" ... and almost always on the other end of the aisle that has the boardgames.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes me feel like a sucker for paying $25 (or two for $49) for the Ad Magic version at BGG.con
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
Makes me feel like a sucker for paying $25 (or two for $49) for the Ad Magic version at BGG.con


I know this gets said a lot and it might sound hollow, but you helped make the game get published again and available for others, especially those outside the hobby. This is the first published game by Mark Corsey. He's local to me. A great gamer who shares his knowledge teaching games. There's no way he's getting rich off this.

I've backed some games on KS by major designers (cough, cough - Martin Wallace) and gotten screwed when the game was finally released. Some said the same things to me which is hogwash. Martin Wallace didn't need my money to make his "dream" a reality. But Mark's game did need people like you to help take it to where it is today. I think this sentiment is way overstated at times, but not in this case with this game.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
mbmbmbmbmb
Found it. And yup, it was on an end cap facing electronics and not even really near the board games. Also, the sale price wasn't even displayed on the shelf. Too bad about that since it means you won't know about the sale unless you knew beforehand.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Selander
United States
Ooltewah
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
Makes me feel like a sucker for paying $25 (or two for $49) for the Ad Magic version at BGG.con

You paid $7 more and got the game several months earlier, and so you feel cheated?
I know I'm picking on you specifically, but really I hear this kind of thinking way too often. Isn't all the extra time (equals extra opportunities to play) worth something?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.