Neuroshima Hex!» Forums » General

Subject: Tile thickness of 2.x expansions... :( rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
So I got the 2.x Z-Man version of Neuroshima Hex a few months back, and I have been buying the expansions since.
The tiles are nice and thick, and the same can be said of both Babel 13 and Duel. I was really happy with the 2.x version of the game, since it comes with so much more than the 3.0 version.

But when I got Steel Police from Z-Man, I was really disappointed to find out the tiles are paper thin compared to the 4 original armies and New York, Neo Jungle, Vegas and Smart in 2.x. Seriously, they're like not even half the thickness.

But Sharrash and Mephisto, from Portal, are not any better. They're just as thin.

I'm still waiting on The Dancer and Mississippi, but it doesn't bode well.

Only Uranopolis was decent in the mini-box expansions; the tiles are a little thinner but not that much.

Now, it doesn't seem like any other versions exist of 2.x, but I'm asking just in case, are there any printings with thicker tiles?

This is really disappointing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
While I understand that the difference is quite notable, in time it became irrelevant for me. In some ways I'd almost prefer thinner tiles as I'm running out of space in my box and didn't want to keep all the extra boxes around.

In my case Mississippi was the same as Uranopolis, but the Dancer is a thin one as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW we have all published armies, in a mixture of versions from original to most recent. The diversity of styles don't bother us at all...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.