Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Damien Cosgrove
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing Pandemic Legacy with 3 friends from work.

I've ended up organizing meeting rooms for our lunchtime games and as we work for a technology development consultancy, room bookings tend to be the project name which have no connection to the client name or project scope.

So my booking rooms for "Panda Legs" a couple of times a month over lunch hasn't been anything odd for what the room calendar normally looks like.

However we're getting near the end now (just about to move into November) and so a couple of my friends reminded me that they'd like to pay their share of the box price as we'd forgotten about that when we got started.

So they sent me £14 each via paypal to cover their share, but one of them put our room booking title of "Panda Legs" in the paypal details field.

And he got this message...

...saying that his paypal account was being blocked due to "purchase or sale of embargoed goods"!

It took only a short while to explain to the people at PP that he wasn't buying endangered mammals legs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Trezise
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
haha that's hilarious

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Martell
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hilarious.

And I'm impressed Paypal is so diligent. Of course, the person actually purchasing panda legs would probably put something much less conspicuous in the field. Like "Board game".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Or "Takenoko deluxe token set".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The response would have been interesting if your friend had used "infectious diseases" instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.