Subject: a headline rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
Järfälla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To rank highly in my listing of designers and designer teams, you should have produced more than one game ranked in the top-250, the higher the better, and the older the better. It is allowed to reimplement your own games into the taste of today. But I don't count those games twice, you may benefit from the old publishing year of the first release, as well as the high rank of the reimplementation release. The you may share the honour with a co-designer, but will not get the whole score in this case, unless you are part of a persistent designer team.
Much to my surprise, the 3:rd place holders are the design team of Dune and Cosmic Encounter! Bill Eberle, Jack Kittredge and Peter Olotka. I personally know nothing about these game or these designers, but the rest of the list is familiar to me. On 2:nd place we have Vlaada Chvátil. On 1:st spot we have Uwe Rosenberg.
After these three, Reiner Knizia, Christian T. Petersen and Richard Garfield follows, with games I am familiar with.
The list is dynamic, and I can recalculate it each day with different results depending on the rankings in bgg top-250. The grand movement is probably that Rainer Knizia is losing points to the runners-up.
Beware that no one-hit wonders appear in the list! This is why the designers of Eclipse and Acquire does not show up here.
The number after the designers name and the list of games is calculated by a formula derived from the overall bgg ranking system. I can of course give the details if anyone is interested. But it is scientifically sane and objective, nothing subjective from what I like personally.

The complete list in descending order:

1 Uwe Rosenberg 178190 : Caverna: The Cave Farmers, Agricola, Le Havre, Patchwork, Fields of Arle, Ora et Labora, Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small, Glass Road, At the Gates of Loyang
2 Vlaada Chvátil 159633 : Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization, Mage Knight Board Game, Codenames, Dungeon Petz, Space Alert, Galaxy Trucker, Dungeon Lords
3 Bill Eberle,Jack Kittredge,Peter Olotka 155843 : Cosmic Encounter, Dune
4 Reiner Knizia 144156 : Tigris & Euphrates, Ra, Samurai, Battle Line, Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation, Amun-Re, Modern Art, Taj Mahal
5 Christian T. Petersen 126146 : Twilight Imperium (Third Edition), A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition), Runewars, Star Wars: Armada
6 Richard Garfield 124039 : Android: Netrunner, Magic: The Gathering, King of Tokyo, Robo Rally
7 Stefan Feld 90293 : The Castles of Burgundy, Trajan, Bora Bora, Bruges, Notre Dame, In the Year of the Dragon, Macao, Amerigo
8 Kevin Wilson 82824 : Star Wars: Imperial Assault, A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition), Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game, Arkham Horror
9 Martin Wallace 81591 : Brass, Railways of the World, A Few Acres of Snow, London, Struggle of Empires, Automobile
10 Francis Tresham 79586 : 1830: Railways & Robber Barons, Civilization
11 Corey Konieczka 79187 : Star Wars: Rebellion, Eldritch Horror, Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game, Battlestar Galactica, Forbidden Stars, Mansions of Madness
12 Andreas Seyfarth 68327 : Puerto Rico, San Juan
13 Richard Borg 66969 : Commands & Colors: Ancients, Memoir '44, BattleLore (Second Edition)
14 Wolfgang Kramer 57453 : El Grande, The Princes of Florence, Tikal
15 Chad Jensen 54986 : Dominant Species, Combat Commander: Europe
16 Richard Ulrich 52374 : El Grande, The Princes of Florence
17 Eric M. Lang 52368 : Blood Rage, Arcadia Quest, Chaos in the Old World, A Game of Thrones: The Card Game (Second Edition), Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men
18 Mac Gerdts 50359 : Concordia, Imperial, Navegador
19 Antoine Bauza 50221 : 7 Wonders Duel, Ghost Stories, Takenoko, Hanabi
20 Matt Leacock 48582 : Pandemic Legacy: Season 1, Forbidden Desert
21 Ignacy Trzewiczek 43359 : Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island, Imperial Settlers
22 Don Greenwood 41801 : Advanced Squad Leader, The Republic of Rome
23 Rüdiger Dorn 40403 : Goa, Istanbul
24 Ted Alspach 37288 : Castles of Mad King Ludwig, Suburbia
25 Jeroen Doumen,Joris Wiersinga 36045 : Food Chain Magnate, Antiquity, Roads & Boats, Indonesia
26 Jason Matthews 32330 : Twilight Struggle, 1960: The Making of the President, 1989: Dawn of Freedom
27 Bernd Brunnhofer 31236 : Stone Age, Saint Petersburg
28 Alan R. Moon 31213 : Ticket to Ride: Europe, Airlines Europe
29 Bruno Cathala 27121 : Five Tribes, Cyclades, Mission: Red Planet (second edition)
30 Simone Luciani 24136 : Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar, The Voyages of Marco Polo, Grand Austria Hotel
31 Daniele Tascini 24134 : Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar, The Voyages of Marco Polo
32 Jamey Stegmaier 17436 : Viticulture, Scythe, Euphoria: Build a Better Dystopia
33 Nate French 17064 : The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game, A Game of Thrones: The Card Game (Second Edition)
34 Alexander Pfister 13767 : Mombasa, Isle of Skye: From Chieftain to King
35 Vital Lacerda 11007 : The Gallerist, Kanban: Automotive Revolution, Vinhos
36 James Kniffen 10815 : Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game, Forbidden Stars, Star Wars: Armada
37 Christian Marcussen 10022 : Clash of Cultures, Merchants & Marauders
38 Carl Chudyk 9527 : Glory to Rome, Innovation
39 Jason Little 8487 : Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game, Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game
40 Sébastien Dujardin 7941 : Troyes, Deus
41 Xavier Georges 7881 : Troyes, Carson City
42 Alan Stone 7847 : Viticulture, Euphoria: Build a Better Dystopia
43 Christophe Boelinger 5820 : Earth Reborn, Archipelago
44 Matthias Cramer 5735 : Rococo, Lancaster, Glen More
45 Michael Kiesling 5658 : Tikal, Vikings
46 Mike Elliott 1776 : Thunderstone Advance: Towers of Ruin, Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men
47 Bruno Faidutti 955 : Mission: Red Planet (second edition), Citadels
48 Aaron Dill,John Kovaleski,Sean Sweigart 843 : Spartacus: A Game of Blood & Treachery, Firefly: The Game
49 Virginio Gigli 775 : Egizia, Grand Austria Hotel

Edit: Bump here.
Edit: Bump here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.