Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Letourneau
Canada
St-Lambert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean, there is no news at all. It's really quiet around these boards. So shipping was done in the US and then what? I had heard that the games were shipping to the Canada fulfillment partner a while back but since then, no news. And aren't those in the US playing the game at all? The lack of activity here is just strange that's all. Compare that to the discussions on the Scythe forum...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess there is just a positive vibe on the scythe forums compared to MN:E. Due to endless delays etc etc, many seem to be disappointed and it's just more fun to post about your experiences with a game if the overall mood is great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Townshend
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mare Nostrum had 6,937 backers.
Scythe had 17,739 backers.

Another 10,802 people talking about Scythe is one reason for more discussion on the Scythe forums.

Played Scythe last week and really liked it. Especially for the way the player boards work.

I've played Mare Nostrum 7 times in the past month and there's been a dialogue about them here.

I imagine there will be more discussion after the remaining backers get their games and then again after the game is released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope you get some news soon up there in The Great White North!

I've played someone else's copy of Scythe 3 times now, which I didn't buy, but like MNE more. Its a matter of taste, or course, and I like more war in my hybrid games. So now I'm looking at the upcoming Cry Havoc to scratch that itch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Densham
United States
Middleville
MI
flag msg tools
Season ticket on a one-way ride...
mbmbmbmbmb
From Uwe on Kickstarter, from his last update, in the comments (posted 3 days ago):

Canada: The pallets of Canadian Games have arrived in Buffalo and will be picked up by Snakes and Lattes. Your game will be shipped to you from Toronto.

So sounds like they should be on the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rush
United Kingdom
Port Talbot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Duguayduguay wrote:
I mean, there is no news at all. It's really quiet around these boards. So shipping was done in the US and then what? I had heard that the games were shipping to the Canada fulfillment partner a while back but since then, no news. And aren't those in the US playing the game at all? The lack of activity here is just strange that's all. Compare that to the discussions on the Scythe forum...

You sound a little surprized that there's been no news , well this kickstarter is infamous for that very thing.

I backed both Scythe and Mare Nostrum and incidentally Scythe was backed on Nov 6 2015 and has now delivered to all its backers.
Due to the fact that everyone received their copies at the same time the forums are alive with great reviews and session reports.

Mare Nostrumn was backed on Jul 6 2015 and well here we are still waiting for news.....unless of course you live in the US.

In case anyone didn't know the CMA CGM Aquila is docked at Hamburg which we are hoping contains the European English version of the game but as to other versions your guess is as good as mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Martin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
densham wrote:
From Uwe on Kickstarter, from his last update, in the comments (posted 3 days ago):

Canada: The pallets of Canadian Games have arrived in Buffalo and will be picked up by Snakes and Lattes. Your game will be shipped to you from Toronto.

So sounds like they should be on the way.

We got an email July 4th that said about the same thing; and it said "to Buffalo this week".

Also got a notice May 31st that gave the impression that the shipment to Buffalo would occur shortly after arrival in their US distribution center.

Still waiting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
This is an email I got back from Academy a few days ago:

Hello Roger,

I apologize for the delay in shipping your 'Mare Nostrum - Empires' Kickstarter reward. We have simply been inundated with emails, with address changes and requests for add-ons and we simply needed to address them before we could send the packed Kickstarter rewards to Canada. Eight pallets of packages left our warehouse for Toronto, yesterday. However, I am still working on the Excel file, which Snakes & Lattes needs to create the shipping labels for each package. Since mistakes are costly and there have been quite a few requests and changes, the work is tedious. As soon as the file is complete, Snakes & Lattes, will be able to begin shipping but please realize it will take them some time to match the labels with the correct package.

I would say yes, they should be delivered 'soonish' except that this is basically what they told me in a previous email 6 weeks ago. Academy is notorious for delays, you kinda have to roll with the punches when you deal with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess Academy's heroic busyness still shipping the foreign copies is why we haven't heard from them on the FAQ thread yet. So when their stuff is shipped, we'll hear more about the rules, I hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob W
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
I guess Academy's heroic busyness...

There's a H/W card in there somewhere with Academy's name on it...or maybe Uwe's name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the reply I received July 19th when I emailed them:

Quote:
Hello!

Thank you for contacting Academy Games!

We are currently experiencing high email volume due to the release of our two newest games, ‘Conflict of Heroes – Guadalcanal’ and ‘Mare Nostrum – Empires’. We have received your email and will process your request within the next ten days, as we catch up.

For immediate assistance regarding a Pre-Order or Kickstarter Pledge, please call our office at 419-307-6531.

Thank you and have a great day!

The Academy Games Sales Team

They said that they have shipped all the Canadian (English I assume) to the Canadian distributor.

Cheers,
Sean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Comeau
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Regarding the french version I have sent a request to Asyncron and they've told me to rely on a newsletter they had already published on this topic.

So for french-speaking backers like myself in Montreal QC I expect to receive my copy near the end of August or early September.

Jean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not been talking about it, because I've got nothing to talk about. My game's not arrived yet.

But then I haven't talked about Scythe either, for the same reasons - my copy has yet to arrive.

The common theme (other than my bad luck)? EU shipping being handled by the French.

For the last three weeks I haven't cared - I've been watching the Tour. But that finished yesterday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered the game and the poker chips.

Does anyone know if I'm going to get them in the next week or two, or whether they'll be delayed *another* month or two because of the chips? (Or because of the French and the rather poor organisation of the whole project, to be more accurate).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.