48.5% of Goal | left

Support:

jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I give Obama credit, he is straight up gangster with the air strikes and this seems to be a regular thing for his administration.

Are we still able to claim that Democrats are the party of peace ?

Quote:
While We Obsessed over Melania, US Airstrikes Massacre Scores of Civilians in Syria
Tom Cahill | July 19, 2016

As many as 77 innocent people or more, including 11 children, were killed during US-led coalition airstrikes performed in Syria over this Monday and Tuesday.

According to Agence France-Presse (AFP), the US-led airstrike in Manbij, Syria targeted the group of civilians, mistakenly identifying them as ISIS-affiliated fighters. The number of those killed remains unclear, though AFP and the New York Times reported that 56 civilians were killed Monday and another 21 killed Tuesday. Dozens more have been wounded.

Other reports vary, however, and estimate higher numbers. “That school housed displaced people from neighboring villages,” Abu Omar al-Manbiji reported to Syriairect, a non-profit reporting agency that works on the ground in Syria. “So far we count 124 dead from the attack, and that number could very well increase.”

The UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which tracks civilian deaths in the area, reported that 104 civilians, including 29 children, 16 women, and 8 prisoners, have been killed in the area since the start of June, and they confirmed at least 11 children died in these latest strikes.

http://usuncut.com/world/us-airstrikes-syria-civilians/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
Unfortunately, this is what happens in war. Someone gave the US the wrong target and we flattened it. Awful, awful thing war is.

And to your question: no one ever said the Republicans are the party of peace either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
I give Obama credit, he is straight up gangster with the air strikes and this seems to be a regular thing for his administration.

Quote:
While We Obsessed over Melania, US Airstrikes Massacre Scores of Civilians in Syria

As many as 77 innocent people or more, including 11 children, were killed during US-led coalition airstrikes performed in Syria over this Monday and Tuesday.

According to Agence France-Presse (AFP), the US-led airstrike in Manbij, Syria targeted the group of civilians, mistakenly identifying them as ISIS-affiliated fighters. The number of those killed remains unclear, though AFP and the New York Times reported that 56 civilians were killed Monday and another 21 killed Tuesday. Dozens more have been wounded.

Other reports vary, however, and estimate higher numbers. “That school housed displaced people from neighboring villages,” Abu Omar al-Manbiji reported to Syria:direct, a non-profit reporting agency that works on the ground in Syria. “So far we count 124 dead from the attack, and that number could very well increase.”

The UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which tracks civilian deaths in the area, reported that 104 civilians, including 29 children, 16 women, and 8 prisoners, have been killed in the area since the start of June, and they confirmed at least 11 children died in these latest strikes.

Yep, never happened under any otehr president.

You know this is exactly what many of us said would happen if dickheads got their way and we started to drop bombs.

If we were not dropping bombs these people wouild not be dead. It is not Obama's fault but those who called for military action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
slatersteven wrote:
It is not Obama's fault ...

Dude, everything is Obama's fault. Didn't you get the memo? He's the world's dictator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Dude, everything is Obama's fault. Didn't you get the memo? He's the world's dictator.

The buck stop there ? where ?

Do they ever take back Peace prizes ? It may be time to revoke that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Day to day Obama either hates Muslims or loves Muslims or is a Muslim.

Get your dumb fuck story straight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:

Quote:

Other reports vary, however, and estimate higher numbers. “That school housed displaced people from neighboring villages,” Abu Omar al-Manbiji reported to Syriairect, a non-profit reporting agency that works on the ground in Syria. “So far we count 124 dead from the attack, and that number could very well increase.”

I am saddened by the loss of innocent life.

So, to which do you object:
1. Fighting ISIS
2. Using airstrikes
3. Making mistakes based on faulty intelligence

I support fighting ISIS. I am uncertain about the use of airstrikes, in part because of the significant chance of loss of innocent life. I recognize that faulty intelligence happes, and if you decide to kill people, you may kill innocent people.

So for which do you fault Obama? If you object to fighting ISIS or to using airstrikes, then own up to it, and tell us what you think we should be doing instead. If your only complaint is #3, then blaming it on Obama is just plain stupid. Or do you think it is the Commsnder-in-Chief's responsibility to evaluate the mission inteligence before every bombing run?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

HAs it ever stopped with any president when civilians are killed bu US forces?

Maybe of people like you had not clamored for action against ISIL THOSE KIDS WOULD STILL BE ALIVE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
jeremycobert wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

To be serious, yes, Barack Obama is the commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces, and these things wouldn't be happening without his authorization -- which he gave more than a year ago. So far, and to the best of my knowledge, no one has accused him of deliberately targeting civilians. The issue is people have this notion there is such a thing as a sanitary war. No matter how hard one or all sides try, there will be civilians killed in war, there will be children blown to pieces.

Only way to stop that is to stop war, and humans have demonstrated for thousands of years they love war.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
slatersteven wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Maybe of people like you had not clamored for action against ISIL THOSE KIDS WOULD STILL BE ALIVE.

Or someone else would have killed them. ISIS and the Syrian government forces have no qualms about killing civilians in large numbers. And I am certain the Syrian Free Army and the Kurds have done their share of killing, deliberate or otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just to be clear, I dont want the USA involved in any war or killing of civilians. Apparently the violent left supports these killings as long as it's an "accident" ?

Whoopsy, sorry about that bomb ! peace out !

I also want the Obama nuthuggers to drop their double standards.but you know, one step at a time.

actuaryesquire wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZOMG!!! Obama won't call out what the real problemz is.. Muzlims!!!
ZOMG!!! Obama is killing muh Muzlimz!!!
ZOMG!!! Eyez can't talk right out both sidez muh mouthz!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
jeremycobert wrote:
just to be clear, I dont want the USA involved in any war or killing of civilians.

Totally agree.

Quote:
Apparently the violent left supports these killings as long as it's an "accident" ?

Apparently isn't reality. The left screams about civilian deaths all the time. And it was the right that pushed for involvement in the Iraqi-Syrian cluster fuck.

Quote:
I also want the Obama nuthuggers to drop their double standards.but you know, one step at a time.

actuaryesquire wrote:

Fair point, though the time line is different. The intelligence leading up to Iraq War 2.0 was collected over years by a variety of different nations' intelligence agencies. This current CF was bad intel developed over a day or two. But still, fair point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Or someone else would have killed them. ISIS and the Syrian government forces have no qualms about killing civilians in large numbers. And I am certain the Syrian Free Army and the Kurds have done their share of killing, deliberate or otherwise.
So? the issue here is whining about Obama doing what you asked for.

This in (as you demonstrate nicely above) dammed if you do dammed if you don't (after all look at the whining when he did try to avoid civilian casualties).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
jeremycobert wrote:

Quote:

Other reports vary, however, and estimate higher numbers. “That school housed displaced people from neighboring villages,” Abu Omar al-Manbiji reported to Syria:direct, a non-profit reporting agency that works on the ground in Syria. “So far we count 124 dead from the attack, and that number could very well increase.”

He's got the "neutral" media on his side, so they won't say a thing that makes him or his (or Hillary now) look bad.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
myopia wrote:
Day to day Obama either hates Muslims or loves Muslims or is a Muslim.

Why couldn't he be both?

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
He's got the "neutral" media on his side, so they won't say a thing that makes him or his (or Hillary now) look bad.
Do you just say stuff with the hopes we won't actually make the effort to even google it? I mean, I hope the GOP is paying you for your disinformation campaign because the price you pay for the sacrifice of your integrity is high.

Google: 'airstrike in syria' and see how all the "liberal" media sites avoid reporting this. Spoiler: They're not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
just to be clear, I dont want the USA involved in any war or killing of civilians. Apparently the violent left supports these killings as long as it's an "accident" ?

actuaryesquire wrote:

I expect the Commander-in-Chief to review the military intelligence used to start a war.

I do not expect the Commander-in-Chief to review the military intelligence used to select a target for an individual bombing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian S.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
01010011 01001000 01000001 01001100 01001100 00100000 01010111 01000101 00100000 01010000 01001100 01000001 01011001 00100000 01000001 00100000 01000111 01000001 01001101 01000101 00111111
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
Unfortunately, this is what happens in war. Someone gave the US the wrong target and we flattened it. Awful, awful thing war is.

And to your question: no one ever said the Republicans are the party of peace either.
Is the United States at war? Or is the US involvement in Syria strictly an executive decision? If war is so damned awful, maybe we shouldn't get involved and make it more awful? To minimize the impact of American bombs and drones in the Middle East, the Obama administration claims that *all* military-age males in a strike zone are combatants unless proven otherwise. Yeah, good luck with that. Obama is overseeing a pretty awful foreign policy (Cuba excepted) that shouldn't be shrugged off. Considering Clinton's known hawkish ways, we definitely shouldn't shrug it off and give her license to make matters worse. As Americans, we collectively own this regardless of political affiliation. Hold them accountable by not shrugging it off or making it partisan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, civilian casualties happen in war. Speaking of war, was there ever a formal DoW against Syria or ISIS or whatever we are drone striking?

I still maintain that is the bigger issue and the greater outrage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
TracerBullet wrote:
Speaking of war, was there ever a formal DoW against Syria or ISIS or whatever we are drone striking?

Nope. Obama only goes to war without Congressional approval.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

"Obama's airstrike" even though he was likely not involved at all. Newsflash, there are generals and several other levels of officers that handle military operations such as this one. Commander-in-Chief does not mean Micromanager-in-Chief.

Also one of the biggest complaints about Obama from the GOP is that Obama takes too many precautions to save civilian lives and doesn't let the military do their job. Just listen to any of their rants about the rules of engagement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
TracerBullet wrote:
Speaking of war, was there ever a formal DoW against Syria or ISIS or whatever we are drone striking?

Nope. Obama only goes to war without Congressional approval.

Bush II did as well. And Clinton, and Bush I, and Reagan, etc.

It's a legitimate question perhaps about committing troops (and drones and missiles and aircraft etc). But presidents of both parties do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian S.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
01010011 01001000 01000001 01001100 01001100 00100000 01010111 01000101 00100000 01010000 01001100 01000001 01011001 00100000 01000001 00100000 01000111 01000001 01001101 01000101 00111111
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
Commander-in-Chief does not mean Micromanager-in-Chief.
We are in Syria only by Obama's executive choice. He does not have to be a micromanager to know that waging war will terrorize and murder innocent people. How is that fight against ISIS going anyway? It's also shameful to see the nations taking part in the war treat the refugees that the war creates as lepers. We need a much improved foreign policy, but it's not likely coming any time soon.

Shampoo4you wrote:
Also one of the biggest complaints about Obama from the GOP is that Obama takes too many precautions to save civilian lives and doesn't let the military do their job.
What precautions is Obama taking? His Orwellian choice to label *every* military-aged male targeted in an air/drone strike as a combatant until proven innocent doesn't qualify. Very ugly and very long wars the United States are involved in. How many kids in the Middle East know anything other than war? And yet so many Westerners believe that Islam is the religion of violence. Maybe we will convince them yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
TracerBullet wrote:
Yes, civilian casualties happen in war. Speaking of war, was there ever a formal DoW against Syria or ISIS or whatever we are drone striking?

I still maintain that is the bigger issue and the greater outrage.

Really? Dead kids aren't as big an issue as some legalese nonsense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.