Subject: Web Dev Question: Notes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
This demonstration is not authorized and is in clear violation of Mall of America policy.
badge
Those who continue to demonstrate will be subject to arrest.
mbmb
I'm trying to figure out how to do some stuff on a blog, probably Wordpress. I've come up with an idea I like for how to handle footnoting, which looks like this:

The idea is that you color-code what the text is that needs the note (so the scope is clearer than a simple *), draw a line to the right in that same color, and then write the note also in that color and ending at the line connecting it to the text from which the note originated. My thinking is that we tend to deal best with text in columns which are relatively narrow compared with the width of most modern (non-mobile) screens, so a lot of web design restricts primary text to a narrow strip in the middle, anyway, and then just tarts up the sides with ads or unrelated widgets.

Is there any way to do this which would allow both the primary text and the note text to flow reasonably, and wouldn't be utterly broken by RSS readers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.