Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today, I would like to introduce an exciting new project. This is the FFG Legacy Project (FFGLP). FFG makes so many great games, but unfortunately they do not appear to have the resources to provide adequate expansion support for all of their games. That's where the FFGLP comes in.

What is it?

The FFGLP is nothing more than an idea at the moment. Once done, The FFGLP exists to provide playtested, semi-official, free Print and Play fan expansions for games produced by FFG that are no longer receiving expansions.

Why?

There are so many great games produced by FFG that just need a little more expansions support, and so many aspiring fan expansion designers out there. The FFGLP will compile, edit, and refine existing fan expansions, as well as producing new ones, so as to create a database of quality expansions.

Why just FFG?

One step at a time, that's why.

Which games will this support?

The full catalog has (obviously) not been established, but some of the games may include:

Blood Bowl: Team Manager
Rune Age
Warhammer: Diskwars
Runewars
Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game (I am in touch with the current legacy project for this game as to the possibility of a merger or cooperation,)
Warhammer Invasion: The Card Game
Forbidden Stars
Talisman
Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

And many more!

I would like to reiterate that the FFGLP only produces expansions for games no longer receiving them. Yes, occasionally an error will be made, and FFG will spring an expansion on us after years of nothing, but it's their own fault for never making official "this game is dead" announcements for non-LCG games.

How can I help?

There are many different ways that you can assist this project. After all, this is a fan-run project!

Game Designer/Assistant Game Designer: Though we will need the least people in this category, we need to find some great people to make the expansions. The assistant designers will be assigned to a designer, and will provide support and assistance in the making of an expansion. You can make just one, or make many expansions, doesn't matter to me.

Graphic Designer: This is an important one. We need graphic designers who can produce the final product for printing. Also, it would be great if some of these designers could make Strange Eons (or other similar program) plugins for the appropriate games.

Artist: We would love talented artists to allow us to use their art, so that we don't have to recycle old art.

Playtester: This is the most important part. The grand purpose of this whole thing is to playtest the fan expansions, and without playtesters, how do you expect to do it without playtesters?

Administrator: I can't run this by myself! Any help coordinating this would be greatly appreciated!

Donate GeekGold: If you can't help in any other way, but will benefit from the project, please consider donating GeekGold to FFGLP. It would be great if I could pay people who helped in GeekGold, even if it was just a little, but I don't have the funds to do so.

Microbadge: It would be great if somenone could make a microbadge for it. There is nothing like a shiny microbadge to draw attention to a project.

If you have interest in one of these positions, could you please state so below, so that I can get an idea of the popularity of this idea.

I hope that this project gains enough steam so that it will run itself. Only you can make this happen!

Also, I would like to ask if there was any way to set up a special forum for this project on BGG? If so, does it cost GG? Cause again, I don't think I have more than like 20 GG, and I know things cost a lot here, compared to what you get from reviews.

Disclaimer:
I know that there will inevitably be some trollish posts below this, but this is an idea I think will benefit everyone. This is not just "for my own gain" or "twisted to my desires".

See you soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: FFG Legacy project
I'm sure I won't be the only one to click on this expecting to hear about FFG releasing a Legacy style game.

Sounds interesting though and I wish you luck. If I have the opportunity to help out I'll be sure to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: FFG Legacy project
danlicata wrote:
I'm sure I won't be the only one to click on this expecting to hear about FFG releasing a Legacy style game.

Sounds interesting though and I wish you luck. If I have the opportunity to help out I'll be sure to.

Thank you! Yeah, the name is a little confusing in hindsight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: FFG Legacy project (not to be confused with Legacy Games)
Toenail21 wrote:
danlicata wrote:

Sounds cool, especially if you don't get a C&D letter.

Why not rename if you're just starting the project?

FFG Heirloom Project, etc. Otherwise it sounds like you're trying a make a legacy version out of Rune Wars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
Toenail21 wrote:
danlicata wrote:

Sounds cool, especially if you don't get a C&D letter.

Why not rename if you're just starting the project?

FFG Heirloom Project, etc. Otherwise it sounds like you're trying a make a legacy version out of Rune Wars.

I'm just making fan expansions, where's the issue in that? FFG isn't GW after all! Heirloom works better, you're right. I'll go through the post renaming stuff later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.