Subject: Leaders/Mission - Movement Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pavan Sarguru
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I didn't see this anywhere...

If you use a leader for movement in an adjacent system is that system considered activated and can also be used to move units?

Also when a leader is used to activate a system do you have to move all units you'd want to move to that system immediately or can you later move more units in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pksarguru wrote:
I didn't see this anywhere...

If you use a leader for movement in an adjacent system is that system considered activated

Yes

pksarguru wrote:
and can also be used to move units?

Yes

pksarguru wrote:
Also when a leader is used to activate a system do you have to move all units you'd want to move to that system immediately or can you later move more units in?

You immediately move any units you want (within transport limits). You can not move units later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Jigsaw Man
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand the first question. If you put a leader into a system for the purpose of moving units, you may move units in from any/all surrounding systems.

As for the second, I'm pretty sure it's a single action. Move in the stuff you want moved in, and then go on to the consequences of the action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You can activate the same system multiple times in the same round with different leaders, if that's what you're asking with the last question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pavan Sarguru
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Whooops that was a typo. I meant when you put a leader in a system for the purposes of a mission can you also move units there.

But based on the fact that you can't move units later, I'm assuming this is a moot point. Basically it sounds like a leader is a part of every action you take, whether a mission or movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
It never matters *why* a leader is in a system (that's why baiting Empire into opposing missions can work to obstruct their movement).

If a leader is in the system where you want to move units *from*, you cannot move them regardless of how the leader got there.

If a leader is in the system where you want to move units *to*, that never matters because only leaders in origin systems block, not target ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
pksarguru wrote:
Whooops that was a typo. I meant when you put a leader in a system for the purposes of a mission can you also move units there.

No, activating a system to move units there is a *specific thing* you can do with a leader.
It is not a *side-effect* of placing him by whatever means.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pavan Sarguru
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Thanks. That makes sense. It's also good you never have to keep track of "why" a leader is in a specific position, especially when turns can take upwards of a half hour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.