Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Richardson
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The RR states

If Dracula plays "Escape as Mist" or "Escape as Bat" before he has played a number of combat cards greater than the number of despair tokens the card is canceled

So in the first week, Dracula can escape provided he has played one card.

The question I have is, does the actual escape card itself count?

We are assuming the card itself does not count, so Dracula must play at least one other combat card before he can escape.

Is that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If memory serves, that only applies after the entire despair token is formed. There is no restriction before that.

edit: memory was somewhat off...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gasha1 wrote:
The RR states

If Dracula plays "Escape as Mist" or "Escape as Bat" before he has played a number of combat cards greater than the number of despair tokens the card is canceled

So in the first week, Dracula can escape provided he has played one card.

The question I have is, does the actual escape card itself count?

We are assuming the card itself does not count, so Dracula must play at least one other combat card before he can escape.

Is that right?

The escape card does not count. Essentially the round when Dracula can first successfully resolve escape is Despair + 1, so in week 1 he must wait until the second round.

See the combat example in the Learn to Play guide which has a situation in the second week and it is stated that Dracula must wait until round 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Richardson
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cool that's what I thought. Cheers.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.