Subject: solo ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
how is this game for solo play?...or isn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smales
United States
Rome
New York
flag msg tools
Colonel Peter Gansevoort (1749 – 1812) Defender of Ft. Stanwix 1777
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the hidden information might be a problem. A solo run is great for learning the game,but I really think this game shines at two players. It's not too long, and it's tense--because you really don't know how your opponent is going to place his order tokens, or what combat cards he's holding. Poker in outer space is great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty 27
Canada
Grande Prairie
flag msg tools
You put let your AI opponent place 5-8 order tokens depending on the difficulty you desire. Combat require random draws for execution rounds. Pick a value like 3 material to randomly remove 2 combat cards to replace with two random upgraded combat cards during strategize token reveal.

It lends itself reasonable well to solo play for a game never designed to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
It's not a good solo game. Theoretically, you can make any game a solo game if you're willing to play both sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cranky hobbit
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I recently bought FS and I am mainly a solo player of other games. I am keen to get a good set of solo rules happening for this game.

So far this is a thread not so long ago where there are some community rules being developed if you wish to use (if you have a copy of FS already/familiar with the rules).

Link below to the thread and document:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1598394/solitaire-variant-b...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.