Subject: Playing with two players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trent DePonte
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Anyone tried playing this with just two people?

I was thinking each player could control two characters and then once the Haunt is triggered the non-betrayer could just take control of the third hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Holt
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or have each control 3 people and the Traitor then keeps just one, sure - that makes it a 2-player game anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it a bunch with just two and the only adjustment needed is adding a third character. We've played it so that each round you switch who gets to control the extra character. Since you're just exploring and having spooky stuff happen this works fine.

Once the haunt starts the player who is the traitor takes their character and uses them for the rest of the game. The other player then takes control of the extra character that was in play. You now have 1 person controlling the traitor and one person controlling two heroes.

It works very well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
FellintoOblivion wrote:
Anyone tried playing this with just two people?

I was thinking each player could control two characters and then once the Haunt is triggered the non-betrayer could just take control of the third hero.

This is the way we always play 2-player, and it Works really nice.

Played maybe half of my games this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dufficy
msg tools
mb
We just got this game and I love it. I was thinking of ways to play with only two players and this solution seemed logical, but I'm not sure this would work when the traitor is hidden (meaning the other players are not supposed to know who it is after the haunt), as the hidden traitor would easily be exposed with only two people.

Would a solution to this be to simply choose a different haunt in those instances by choosing the next available played omen room as a trigger?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Peaden
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
new user
I don't think the traitor is supposed to be hidden. The traitor isn't determined until the haunt starts, and then the book is pretty straightforward on who the traitor is, so it would be difficult to be a hidden traitor anyway ("Why is Mark reading from the Traitor's Tome?")

Unless there are specific haunts that require a hidden traitor, which is possible, because I've yet to play through all 50 haunts yet (or 109, if you factor in reprints and expansions).

As for simply doing a different haunt, that's an acceptable strategy. The game itself offers that suggestion should you stumble upon a haunt you've already done, so the same could be done if you find yourself in a haunt you either can't or don't want to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.