Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Denver Walker
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
July 21, 2016

"I love this game, as you should if you had more than half a brain." - Albert Einstein

Space Vermin From Beyond! is a solitaire game (with two player action…I mean option) depicting the battles between the crack 124th Galactic Marine Raider Battalion (known as the “Old Reprobates”) and a swarm of alien parasites called Vermites (derogatively referred to as “Space Vermin” by the Marines). Space Vermin From Beyond! takes place on Beyond III, a planet known for its frogs, bogs and fogs.

Easy, fast and rated PG-12, Space Vermin From Beyond! is the second game in Hermann Luttmann’s extraterrestri-awesome Invaders from Dimension X! universe. Space Vermin From Beyond! equips you with; one map sheet (with two separate 12.5” x 18.5” color maps printed front and back), eighty-eight kick-a$$ counters, 2 separate Player’s Aid cards and a 16 page booklet, including 12 pages of rules, two Battle scenarios and one Campaign scenario.

Battling these nasty varmints on Beyond III may take up to 2 hours (depending on the scenario chosen). But there ain’t no “high-noon” in space, so you take your dang time. Bring a few D6, your spine, brains and guts to defeat these vile space insects and save the defenseless population of Beyond III from total extinction!

http://tinybattlepublishing.com/products/space-vermin-from-b...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks pretty neat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting, just ordered it. Never heard of the company before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rockin Rocko wrote:
Thanks for posting, just ordered it. Never heard of the company before.

Fairly new, linked to Flying Pig Games which Mark Walker setup after leaving Lock n' Load (which he started way back in the day then sold some years back but remained on for a few years).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schulz
United States
Saint Michael
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Been eyeing Invaders from Dimension X! for a while now, so grabbed both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred W. Manzo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We'd be happy to hear your opinion on both games, no matter what you think of them.

If the public continues to like the series we do have plans to continue it.

Each game would be solitaire, will have its own unique bad guys with their own A.I., will have a booklet that runs from 8,000 to around 10,000 words, including scenarios and a Campaign game. We will occasionally publish extra scenarios and variants as time permits and there is even talk of crossing the streams, say with an expansion involving Kay'otz vs Vermites or perhaps a cage-match with Kay'otz vs Vermites vs Marines. We'll see.

These games take an awful lot of time to design and develop and we have other projects in the works, but they are fun. So if there is a continued call for them they'll be appearing.

By the way, we couldn't resist throwing in a few (or more than a few) Easter Eggs in these games. But not all of them have been found as yet, which is kind of surprising, so keep an eye out. Some are obvious but apparently some are not. It's strange which turned out to be which.

Thanks for commenting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the interest, guys!
Fred did a great job with this game and it was an honor to develop it with him and our buddy Colby Duerk. It has quite a different vibe than "Invaders from Dimension X", but is still chock full of chaotic craziness.

Tiny Battle Publishing is a wonderful new company to work with. Space Vermin is only $19.99 and you get the same amount of quality "stuff" as you would a $30-40 game. Tim Allen's artwork is fantastic and very thematic. All of Tiny Battle's titles are in the $20 price range and there are all sorts of interesting game subjects in the catalog, with many more in the hopper.

We are alredy working on the next Invaders series game and next month (hopefully) I will have a new zombie wargame coming out called "Dead Reckoning" that will feature a brand new system that is very non-wargamer friendly. So lots of neat things coming soon from Fred and myself through Tiny Battle.

Thanks!
Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred W. Manzo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, "Dead Reckoning" has a "no dice, no CRT" combat results engine that should satisfy the math-a-phobic among us, while providing wargamers with a rewarding problem to solve. It was my pleasure to be the developer of that game too.

Hermann always strives to present a game with unique features. For example, "Invaders" was based on a challenge to produce a game with the maximum amount of chaos. While "Space Vermin" was produced as a challenge to see how many different solitaire engines we could work into one game series. Right now we are up to 2. We think we can reach 4 without trouble, if the public keeps up its support and we can find the time between other projects. But at some point either the public or our brain cells will give out. So stay tuned to see how far we get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denver Walker
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Rich,

Glad to hear it! Let me know if I can help you out. We are one of, if not the fastest growing boardgames publishing company around! We put out an average of two games per month.

If you like SVFB, check out its older sibling, "Invaders From Dimension X!"

Best,
Denver
Production Manager at TBP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denver Walker
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Yep that's right! TBP is sisters with Flying Pig Games.

-Denver
Production Manager at TBP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done a video treatment of the first in this series.

You can watch it here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/103166/invaders-dimension-x/...

Very well done solo sci fi game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred W. Manzo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, your video was excellent. It captured the feel of "Invaders from Dimension X!" perfectly. We appreciate all your hard work.

Thanks Again,

- Fred
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fred 100 wrote:
Yes, your video was excellent. It captured the feel of "Invaders from Dimension X!" perfectly. We appreciate all your hard work.

Thanks Again,

- Fred
Thanks, Fred. I'm so glad you enjoyed the video. I had a blast with that game, joke intended, and am pleased that was conveyed in the video. I have not yet seen Space Vermin but I bet it is just as engaging, smart, and fun. /deborah
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone tell me whether the p'n'p version prints-out with the map divided into 8.5 by 11 segments? I'm too stupid to figure out how to break apart a larger map which only wants to be printed as a whole (resulting in submicroscopic hexes).

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred W. Manzo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You got me. I'd ask Denver Walker further up the thread in a private message.

I hope this helps.

- Fred
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryel C.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pnp has the map set up to print on 8 1/2 x 11 paper. I have not printed it yet, but should not be a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred W. Manzo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How the 124th earned its name
http://theboardgamingway.com/how-the-124th-earned-their-name...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.