Subject: Horrible Customer Service rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kathy Peters
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I spent a small fortune on the kickstarter. I have never received it, and I will NEVER purchase anything from this company. I have lost count of how many emails I have sent through kickstarter and the website. I offered to pay for shipping. I offered to place an order to give them more business and then to add my kickstarter and I would pay the shipping. I know they are receiving my correspondence because the only time I received a response - and it was quick - was to ask them what came with my kickstarter so that I knew what not to order. They sent me a list, so I immediately replied "how do I place an order so that my kickstarter will be added and I can pay the shipping". That email was never answered. I even sent an email saying that if they had no intention of ever sending my game and extras to just let me know - that I would quit bugging them. But to please just let me know if I was going to ever get the game. No answer. My last and final email was to tell them that I was moving in a few months and could I change my address in case my game is ever sent. That email was also ignored. I have finally got to the point (which I am sure that is what they were hoping) that I am just going to write it off as a loss.
I don't know if anybody will see this update, which is being added on 8/17/2016. I think it is worth noting that all of my communication was completely ignored but I was still receiving their emails constantly. A few weeks ago, I sent them an email detailing my problems with them and told them they may as well remove me from their mailing list - that I would never buy anything from them no matter how great the game was. I have not received an email since They definitely read their emails - they just completely ignore them if it is anything negative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I am lucky in that I got some of what I ordered from the KS.

I refuse to order anything else from them to get the rest of what they owe me (and some of it is not 'approved' yet so it would be a waste to only get some of what they owe me anyway).

Personally, I suspect my very clear and outspoken disdain for Jarek and crew has put me on their 'shit list'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lautermilch
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been overwhelmingly dubious of supporting any kick-starters after all the horror stories I have heard on BGG. I am sure that in most cases everything goes off without a hitch (assuming the kick-starter turns out to be successful) but I just get really nervous about the whole concept of kick-starters. Maybe it's just me but I'll support their success when it is a success and buy the finished product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that KS was mostly a scam as truckloads of people never received a damned thing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jamesl59 wrote:
I have been overwhelmingly dubious of supporting any kick-starters after all the horror stories I have heard on BGG. I am sure that in most cases everything goes off without a hitch (assuming the kick-starter turns out to be successful) but I just get really nervous about the whole concept of kick-starters. Maybe it's just me but I'll support their success when it is a success and buy the finished product.

yes,ive put a couple of posts up questioning the way the kickstarter thing is now going...[put this car crash of a KS to one side]..a few years back when you backed a KS you got it firstly..quite a bit cheaper than cost price for the core product...then lots of unlocks as the funding went up...these unlocks were both minis and campaigns also card sets[not a single card or two as seems to be the way now].really good stuff..and never as far as I can remember any "extra payment" addons.it was all part of the unlocks..

NOW: your paying top dollar for the core game to start...then a lot of the unlocks are just one or two minis usually extra heroes etc.then maybe a couple of cards then maybe the cards are made better quality..you get the drift...and now we have most of the real "meaningful" stuff as "pay extra" addons..and that is becoming more and more of the stuff..so,when you work it out..your actually paying a hell of a lot more money out for a lot less value!!!.as a friend of mine said he has quit backing them just waits for the game and extras to turn up on ebay.and pays less for them.
KS was supposed to be a win/win project.they get the funding.and we get the extra goodies and exclusives.[not many KS exclusives anymore ive noticed]...but now we pay top dollar for less while they make an absolute fortune out of us....with no guarantees on delivery...im afraid the makers of the games have got very very greedy at our expense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
.im afraid the makers of the games have got very very greedy at our expense.

You cannot reward bad behavior and expect anything less than more bad behavior.

When a company does this, stop buying their product. Encourage others to do the same. Let the company know why you are doing so.

Whining about a company doing what the get rewarded for doing, while continuing to reward them for doing it is a bad thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jakecarol wrote:
tootz wrote:

When a company does this, stop buying their product. Encourage others to do the same. Let the company know why you are doing so.

Whining about a company doing what the get rewarded for doing, while continuing to reward them for doing it is a bad thing.

Hi,Jake..i totally agree with you!!..that's why im very picky on the KS projects I back now.having seen whats happened to you guys on this one.and getting my own fingers burnt on the Dungeon saga/Mantic games one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
jakecarol wrote:
tootz wrote:

Hi,Jake..i totally agree with you!!..that's why im very picky on the KS projects I back now.having seen whats happened to you guys on this one.and getting my own fingers burnt on the Dungeon saga/Mantic games one.

You don't really agree, otherwise you would not be buying and promoting Prodos products...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamelady2 wrote:
I spent a small fortune on the kickstarter. I have never received it, and I will NEVER purchase anything from this company. I have lost count of how many emails I have sent through kickstarter and the website. I offered to pay for shipping. I offered to place an order to give them more business and then to add my kickstarter and I would pay the shipping. I know they are receiving my correspondence because the only time I received a response - and it was quick - was to ask them what came with my kickstarter so that I knew what not to order. They sent me a list, so I immediately replied "how do I place an order so that my kickstarter will be added and I can pay the shipping". That email was never answered. I even sent an email saying that if they had no intention of ever sending my game and extras to just let me know - that I would quit bugging them. But to please just let me know if I was going to ever get the game. No answer. My last and final email was to tell them that I was moving in a few months and could I change my address in case my game is ever sent. That email was also ignored. I have finally got to the point (which I am sure that is what they were hoping) that I am just going to write it off as a loss.

I understand the frustration, but don't let the bastards get you down! All it takes for evil (or Prodos) to win is for good people to do nothing! I doubt that I'll ever actually play this game, I so strongly regret ever backing it, let alone going in as deep as I did, but I'll be damned if I don't do everything that I can to get what I'm owed. I realize that even though I felt like I was owed an awesome AvP game, and I won't get that no matter what, I can still get that product that they made anyways... Don't give up! Get your stuff and sell it off, melt it into a pile, sacrifice it to the gaming gods, do what you have to, but don't let them win! Please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jakecarol wrote:
tootz wrote:
jakecarol wrote:
tootz wrote:

You don't really agree, otherwise you would not be buying and promoting Prodos products...

but Jake.
I wasn't part of the kickstarter I missed out on it...JUST!!! [thank god].and as you already know,i pre ordered straight away and got the game on release day or a few days after [shipping from poland accounts for that].so really I have done ok.so why shouldn't I buy from them? first time they crap on me that would be it...and I did mention you guys getting together and getting some legal action going against them.its amazing what a legal letter can do.but,to just have a go at anyone who sympathises with you is wrong..we aren't the bad guys.but just to say,i wouldn't touch any KS of this company ..ever

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
.I wasn't part of the kickstarter I missed out on it...JUST!!! [thank god].and as you already know,i pre ordered straight away and got the game on release day or a few days after [shipping from poland accounts for that].so really I have done ok.so why shouldn't I buy from them? first time they crap on me that would be it...

Ah, I see - "I'm all right Jack".

Point is, you know full well that the company have used shonky business practices, and yet - because it hasn't had a direct and personal impact on YOU - you are quite happy to give them money.

To me, that shows you don't really give a toss about how a company operates, only what happens to you. Seems a little selfish to me, but hey ho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
west yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if only this bitterness was fully directed at prodos [the company that has wronged you].and not at people like me.
then maybe [just maybe]you might get something sorted.
that's my last word on the matter...good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
if only this bitterness was fully directed at prodos [the company that has wronged you].and not at people like me.
then maybe [just maybe]you might get something sorted.
that's my last word on the matter...good luck!

Point being, while people like you still give money to Prodos, they have no incentive to change their practices. Which means you are part of the problem. Though I suspect you know that already.

Good luck to you too. I hope everything always goes fine in your life. Dont expect any sympathy if someone screws you over - after all, it would be YOU that got screwed, not US, so why should we care?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Peters
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I wish I would have thought like this in the beginning I did several kickstarters, but after the Up Front fiasco I quit. Now I wait for the game to be sold online, and I just don't worry about getting the stretch goals and extras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bedlow
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi OP, I received some of my items a couple of weeks a go, I still have stuff outstanding but this is the first of anything received. I did get a little vocal with Prodos so perhaps that did hurry things along but it is a shame folk have to go that route either way while i'm still seeing many say they are waiting for waves or even the full pledges to appear things are trickling out slowly.

And not to kick a dead horse, Prodos is simply useless at best when it comes to communication or in certain cases downright rude. Hope you get your gear though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.