Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Fulwiler
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played this one time and we played the first (non tutorial) scenario with 4 players, each controlling 1 survivor. We were pretty much obliterated. In hindsight, there are a couple things we would do differently, but in reality, I'm not sure if it would make that big of a difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo Heisenbrain
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the mission says 6+ survivors, i'd take all 6.
4 Survivors really mean 6 less actions per turn (8 above lvl yellow). This can make the difference between being overrun and winning the mission.

With lots of experience maybe you could make 4 work, but for the start better go with the recommended player count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I'm not a big fan of games that require you to handle multiple characters at a time, but this one is an exception as it's pretty easy to juggle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Gesser
Brazil
Florianópolis
SC
flag msg tools
Here, when playing a 6 survivors scenario with only 4, we decided to give each survivor 1 extra action. So we start with 4 and get a 5th on yellow level.
In general it is enough to balance the lack of two other survivors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Another good option people often use is to spawn fewer zombies. You don't want to remove spawn points from the mission, as it will imbalance the map, but you can randomize one spawn point each zombie phase and skip spawning it for the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Jacobs
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Bataar wrote:
I've only played this one time and we played the first (non tutorial) scenario with 4 players, each controlling 1 survivor. We were pretty much obliterated. In hindsight, there are a couple things we would do differently, but in reality, I'm not sure if it would make that big of a difference.

It can be done, but luck comes into it more.

As noted above, what you're really down is actions. Actions let you roll dice. It's a dice chucker, so if you can roll enough dice, you'll win, probably.

Using the Rue Morgue rules for spawning. Assign them numbers and determine(I think 3 at 4 players?) which ones fire each turn. Leave necromancer spawns as automatic.

I've played a lot with 4 survivors. What I found to work best, was the spawning adjustments, and starting everyone with their yellow skill.

In Z Modern, I also give the survivors an extra HP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that the new downloadable campaign quests seem to be for 4 players. I haven't looked at it extensively, but it was a stretch goal for the kickstarter. Not sure if kickstarter components are required or not, but here is the link:

https://zombicide.com/dl/Campaign-Black-Plague-Places-of-Int...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
mournful wrote:
I've played a lot with 4 survivors. What I found to work best, was the spawning adjustments, and starting everyone with their yellow skill.

Are you doing yellow spawns from the start as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.